Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11708
View in linear mode

Subject: "Dash Tweeter hook up.." Previous topic | Next topic
DarkEclips96Nov-26-05 02:23 PM
Member since May 23rd 2005
399 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11708, "Dash Tweeter hook up.."

Ive been meaning to hook these up forever now. I bought my 96 RS and they didnt come with them so I just bought a pair off someone on ebay and dropped them in. I couldnt found out where they hooked up since there was just a few short wires coming off of them. Do I have to remove my dash to get these working or what. Sorry, car audio is not my thing.

2002 WRX
Eclipse RS-T..sold

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.., freelancefool, Nov-26-05 03:34 PM, #1
RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.., DarkEclips96, Nov-26-05 05:32 PM, #2
      RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.., DarkEclips96, Nov-27-05 11:31 AM, #3
           RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.., freelancefool, Nov-28-05 02:51 PM, #4
                RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.., DarkEclips96, Nov-28-05 03:14 PM, #5
                     RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.., freelancefool, Nov-29-05 03:32 AM, #6
                          RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.., DarkEclips96, Nov-29-05 08:28 AM, #7

freelancefoolNov-26-05 03:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11709, "RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.."
In response to Reply # 0

On my 98 RS there were some 2 wire clips on the factory wiring harness that just plugged in place. When unplugged the hang a couple inches below the surface on the dash. You should be able to see what the harness looks like if you remove the tweeter and then look under the dash on the driver's side. It is almost a clear shot straight up. The passenger side is a little bit harder to access without taking the glove box out.

For what it's worth, I hope my info helps.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DarkEclips96Nov-26-05 05:32 PM
399 posts,
#11710, "RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks man, Ill give it a shot tomorrow in the light.

2002 WRX
Eclipse RS-T..sold

DarkEclips96Nov-27-05 11:31 AM
399 posts,
#11711, "RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.."
In response to Reply # 2

Ok, I looked for the dam harness but could not find it from looking under the dash. When I pulled the tweeter, there was a black wire and a black wire with a white strip. Is there anyway I can just ground the black(guessing its a ground) and extend the other wire and run it right to the back of my aftermarket head unit? Is there a place to hook it into or do I need the factory harness?

2002 WRX
Eclipse RS-T..sold

freelancefoolNov-28-05 02:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#11712, "RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.."
In response to Reply # 3

That I am not sure about. I know the tweeters have a high impedence and I am not sure how that needs to be wired up. The current speakers that I have are 12 ohms on the tweeters and the door speakers are 4 ohms with a crossover doing its thing.

My Blog

DarkEclips96Nov-28-05 03:14 PM
399 posts,
#11713, "RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by freelancefool
That I am not sure about. I know the tweeters have a high impedence and I am not sure how that needs to be wired up. The current speakers that I have are 12 ohms on the tweeters and the door speakers are 4 ohms with a crossover doing its thing.

Hey, I finally found the passenger harness for the tweeter, hooked it up, didnt run, just my luck. Im guessin they arent hooked up to the head unit. Any easy way of doing this? I couldnt really trace where the wire went to, seem to go up into the dash.

2002 WRX
Eclipse RS-T..sold

freelancefoolNov-29-05 03:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#11714, "RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.."
In response to Reply # 5

I'll see if I can figure out where they go. It's been a while since I was crawling around underneath my dash. I have a buddy who has tweeters and they have never worked since he purchased the car. I guess this will make me go fix them now.

My Blog

DarkEclips96Nov-29-05 08:28 AM
399 posts,
#11715, "RE: Dash Tweeter hook up.."
In response to Reply # 6

Lol i appreciate it man, no rush, just let me know if you figure it out. Thanks

2002 WRX
Eclipse RS-T..sold

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11708 Previous topic | Next topic