Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11707
View in linear mode

Subject: "I can't find the HVAC power wire..." Previous topic | Next topic
CJ_96RSNov-26-05 11:29 AM
Member since May 08th 2004
33 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11707, "I can't find the HVAC power wire..."

I'm trying to hook up remote start in my 96 RS, the engine will start just fine, but the wire that was supposed to be the HVAC power wire just turns my wipers and accessories on. I don't understand why the wipers would come on with the wiper switch off, but obviously the blue wire with the black stripe is the wrong one. There are about 20 wires coming out of the steering column, and I'm not going to start cutting them all until I find the one for HVAC. Anyone have an idea how I can find this thing? The blue/black wire is the only one referred to in the old threads I searched through. Is it possible to turn the heater on by energizing one of the wires that go to the HVAC controls? Any help is appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..., InFiNiT3, Nov-29-05 01:58 PM, #1
RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..., CJ_96RS, Nov-30-05 12:20 PM, #2
      RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..., SPL_Eclipse, Nov-30-05 02:18 PM, #3
           RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..., InFiNiT3, Nov-30-05 10:08 PM, #4
           RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..., CJ_96RS, Dec-03-05 04:35 AM, #5
                RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..., djtrickee, Dec-03-05 01:04 PM, #6

InFiNiT3Nov-29-05 01:58 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11717, "RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..."
In response to Reply # 0

12volts white+ignition harness
Starter black/red + ignition harness
Second Starter
Ignition black/white + ignition harness
Second Ignition
Third Ignition
Accessory blue/black + ignition harness
Second Accessory
Keysense
Power Lock brown/white - driver kick, door harness
Power Unlock brown - driver kick, door harness
Lock Motor blue/black 5wi driver kick, door harness
Unlock Motor blue/red 5wi driver kick, door harness
Parking Lights+ green/white + driver kick, harness to rear
Parking Lights- green/white - headlight switch
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Reverse Light
Door Trigger red/green - driver kick, harness to rear
Dome Supervision use door trigger wire
Trunk/Hatch Pin red/green - driver kick, harness to rear
Hood Pin blue/black - fuse box
Trunk/Hatch Release
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm green/yellow - driver kick, door harness
Factory Alarm Disarm green/white - driver kick, door harness
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm
Tachometer white ac instrument cluster or PCM
Wait to start
Brake Wire green/white + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake
Horn Trigger green/black - horn switch
Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3

02:19:18pm DarkOne> They'd have had to brought a whole fucking JUG of KY.
02:19:28pm InFiNiT3> lol no shit
02:19:39pm DarkOne> and a funnel.
02:19:45pm grain> have to get the ky with warming
02:20:00pm InFiNiT3> i feel sorry for the 18 y/o (one was 17 one 18) his name was plaster'd all over the news n news paper
02:20:06pm DarkOne> Yeah, has to be warming.
02:20:06pm BuckNutty> jus spit on it and it'll go in
02:20:17pm InFiNiT3> aye the ky w/ warming any good>
02:20:45pm grain> never tryed it
02:20:50pm grain> i applyed for a sample on thier website
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> evan didn't complain any
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> it felt nice
02:20:57pm InFiNiT3> lol
02:21:01pm grain> i use id glide whne she dries
02:21:06pm grain> good stuff
02:21:45pm InFiNiT3> thnx for the new sig guys
02:21:45pm DarkOne> Are we still talking about fucking dead chicks?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CJ_96RSNov-30-05 12:20 PM
33 posts,
#11719, "RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, but that doesn't really help me, I'm looking for the wire that powers the heater and A/C. I tried the blue/black, and it only operates the wipers and the radio. Has anyone else hooked up a remote start by themselves? Trial and error on the ignition harness is going to be a real bitch.

SPL_EclipseNov-30-05 02:18 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#11720, "RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..."
In response to Reply # 2

what are you trying to do? if you want to pre-heat the car, your best bet is to just manually leave the heat controlls on when you exit (so the heat is already on when you start the car). if you are looking to have one button on the alarm that turns the heat on, you have a LOT more wiring to do than you think.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

InFiNiT3Nov-30-05 10:08 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#11721, "RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..."
In response to Reply # 3

my thaughts exactly..... when i did mine.. i just leave the controls where i want em for the morning..... makes life much ez'r... oh and to answer your que... its a black/blue wire in the dash against the firewall connecting to the blower motor... but the only way you'll get to that is to take the dash apart bro..my advice is to keep it simple

02:19:18pm DarkOne> They'd have had to brought a whole fucking JUG of KY.
02:19:28pm InFiNiT3> lol no shit
02:19:39pm DarkOne> and a funnel.
02:19:45pm grain> have to get the ky with warming
02:20:00pm InFiNiT3> i feel sorry for the 18 y/o (one was 17 one 18) his name was plaster'd all over the news n news paper
02:20:06pm DarkOne> Yeah, has to be warming.
02:20:06pm BuckNutty> jus spit on it and it'll go in
02:20:17pm InFiNiT3> aye the ky w/ warming any good>
02:20:45pm grain> never tryed it
02:20:50pm grain> i applyed for a sample on thier website
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> evan didn't complain any
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> it felt nice
02:20:57pm InFiNiT3> lol
02:21:01pm grain> i use id glide whne she dries
02:21:06pm grain> good stuff
02:21:45pm InFiNiT3> thnx for the new sig guys
02:21:45pm DarkOne> Are we still talking about fucking dead chicks?

CJ_96RSDec-03-05 04:35 AM
33 posts,
#11728, "RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..."
In response to Reply # 3

Right, that's the idea, to leave the heater controls on so that when the car is remote started, they come on too. Right now nothing comes on but the ignition. The wire for the blower motor is the one I need, but for some reason in my car the blue/black one powers the wipers and other accessories, not the heater. It seems like the wiring was screwed up at the factory, or maybe its just different for 96 models. Oh, well, I'll have to take the dash apart and figure it out.

djtrickeeDec-03-05 01:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11730, "RE: I can't find the HVAC power wire..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by CJ_96RS
Right, that's the idea, to leave the heater controls on so that when the car is remote started, they come on too. Right now nothing comes on but the ignition. The wire for the blower motor is the one I need, but for some reason in my car the blue/black one powers the wipers and other accessories, not the heater. It seems like the wiring was screwed up at the factory, or maybe its just different for 96 models. Oh, well, I'll have to take the dash apart and figure it out.

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/wiring-gen2wir.html

Its the blue/black wire that is IGN #2. The BLUE wire is the ACC only - radio/ wipers. Thats the one you probably tapped into. You need to find the blue/black wire in the ign. harness leading from the key in the steering column. Mine is hooked up that way.
There's nothing like getting into a warm car in the winter and a A/C'ed car in the summer.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11707 Previous topic | Next topic