Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1163
View in linear mode

Subject: "Automatic trunk cover/more sub punch" Previous topic | Next topic
BeefGGJan-15-02 02:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1163, "Automatic trunk cover/more sub punch"

I like how I get more punch in the sub with the trunk cover off, but I'm paranoid that someone will see it and break in and take it. I was thinking about using an auto antenna and somekind of sunviser that folds back and making an automatic cover that covers the trunk when parked, but is open for boomin sub. I could hook the auto antenna to the remote on/off wire going to the sub. This is just off my head. Anybody done anything like this before or just have any suggestions cause I don't know where to even start.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

PowerEclipsesJan-16-02 12:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1164, "RE: Automatic trunk cover/more sub punch"
In response to Reply # 0

build a fake floor and hide your amp in there and get a stealth box, sloves it

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BeefGGJan-16-02 07:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
#1165, "RE: Automatic trunk cover/more sub punch"
In response to Reply # 1

I should have mentioned that it is a Bazooka powered sub. So it's really easy to take out. Two sets of wires to just snap off and two straps holding it down. It's black agains tan inerior so it's easy to see with out the trunk cover.

PowerEclipsesJan-16-02 09:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#1166, "RE: Automatic trunk cover/more sub punch"
In response to Reply # 2

no problem, but umm...thats a hard one.. if i were you, maybe it would be better to get rid of the sub, i dont think that they are that loud anyway, never really got a good listen to them but anyway, thats what i would do and just build all that custom shit i said before, if you dont want to do that... maybe a mesh covering will look good and get your windows tinted pretty heavy but just right...

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

TeamXtremeRSJan-16-02 03:02 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1167, "RE: Automatic trunk cover/more sub punch"
In response to Reply # 0

Why don't you just fold down your seat? Works just the same as no cover

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1163 Previous topic | Next topic