Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11595
View in linear mode

Subject: "siren mounting in engine bay?" Previous topic | Next topic
dsmmythOct-09-05 07:18 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11595, "siren mounting in engine bay?"

Any of you guys know where there is space to mount the siren in the engine bay? I don't want it to be able to be touched should a thief trigger it. Thanks.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: siren mounting in engine bay?, 96rs-t, Oct-09-05 08:41 PM, #1
RE: siren mounting in engine bay?, jsupetran, Oct-09-05 08:42 PM, #2
RE: siren mounting in engine bay?, thedawg, Oct-10-05 05:34 AM, #3
      RE: siren mounting in engine bay?, dsmmyth, Oct-10-05 06:16 AM, #4
           RE: siren mounting in engine bay?, MCubed45, Oct-11-05 04:09 PM, #5
                RE: siren mounting in engine bay?, WickedESi, Oct-12-05 10:51 AM, #6
                RE: siren mounting in engine bay?, dsmmyth, Oct-12-05 11:06 AM, #7
                     RE: siren mounting in engine bay?, MCubed45, Oct-12-05 02:04 PM, #8

96rs-tOct-09-05 08:41 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11596, "RE: siren mounting in engine bay?"
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-09-05 08:41 PM by 96rs-t

when i installed my alarm, i just mounted it right next to the original horn, i think it's a good place for it.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jsupetranOct-09-05 08:42 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#11597, "RE: siren mounting in engine bay?"
In response to Reply # 0

How about under the battery tray holder?

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

thedawgOct-10-05 05:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#11599, "RE: siren mounting in engine bay?"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-10-05 05:35 AM by thedawg

Putting it next to the original horn makes it really easy to clip the alarm wires from under the car before attempting a theft. This is what I do to assholes who let their alarm go off every night.

I would put it on the firewall behind the engine, somewhere you have to actually go under the car with a flashlight to reach, and can't get to easily with the hood open. Like ^^^ said, under the battery tray is damn near impossible to access.

dsmmythOct-10-05 06:16 AM
1178 posts,
#11601, "RE: siren mounting in engine bay?"
In response to Reply # 3

Alright, sweet, thanks guys. I searched and searched and found no avail.

1998 Eclipse GS

Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

MCubed45Oct-11-05 04:09 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#11608, "RE: siren mounting in engine bay?"
In response to Reply # 4

if you remove your hood-release lever it makes it a major pain for a thief to get into the bay to disable your alarm. i just have the end of the cable tucked up under the dash for when i need to pop the hood. most thieves wouldn't know what to look for once they see your lack of a hood-release lever.

-marc

WickedESiOct-12-05 10:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#11611, "RE: siren mounting in engine bay?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by MCubed45
if you remove your hood-release lever it makes it a major pain for a thief to get into the bay to disable your alarm. i just have the end of the cable tucked up under the dash for when i need to pop the hood. most thieves wouldn't know what to look for once they see your lack of a hood-release lever.

Hahaha, I keep my cable hidden too. I have the dimmer for my gauges mounted where the hood-release lever use to be, and it looks stock. Very perplexing

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

dsmmythOct-12-05 11:06 AM
1178 posts,
#11612, "RE: siren mounting in engine bay?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by MCubed45

Originally posted by WickedESi
Originally posted by MCubed45 if you remove your hood-release lever it makes it a major pain for a thief to get into the bay to disable your alarm. i just have the end of the cable tucked up under the dash for when i need to pop the hood. most thieves wouldn't know what to look for once they see your lack of a hood-release lever.
Hahaha, I keep my cable hidden too. I have the dimmer for my gauges mounted where the hood-release lever use to be, and it looks stock. Very perplexing

That sounds pretty cool. Can any of you guys post pics of the way yours looks? Thanks.

1998 Eclipse GS

MCubed45Oct-12-05 02:04 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#11613, "RE: siren mounting in engine bay?"
In response to Reply # 7
Oct-12-05 02:05 PM by MCubed45

with mine there's nothing to see... just the lack of a hood-release lever. once the cables detached from the lever mechanism it can be tucked neatly up inside the dash. i suppose it might be neat to put the lever back in but not have it attached to the cable. just put a rubber band on it so it feels like there's some tension.

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11595 Previous topic | Next topic