Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11587
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ground ?" Previous topic | Next topic
MonOct-08-05 06:12 AM
Member since May 20th 2005
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11587, "Ground ?"

Since i changed my header, i got problem with my sub. When the motor is running, i hear some parasites that increase whit the rpm. I checked every whire and every ground that i found on the car. But i found nothing ! Is there supposed to be a ground on the header ? I have tried everthing, change the rca, reroute them , install a noise filter and nothing has changed !

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-08-05 09:22 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11588, "RE: Ground ?"
In response to Reply # 0

look right below the header, there should be a small silver cylinder bolted to the block right below the head. make sure you didnt break the wire going into it. that is there for noise supression as well.

otherwise I cant see how changing the header created noise in your stereo.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VOTBLINDUBOct-08-05 09:46 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#11589, "RE: Ground ?"
In response to Reply # 1

thats a very intersting one. do u have a diagram of all ur wiring and equipment names? you shouldnt have electrical noise from chaning a header, maybe its just regular vibrations that resonate in ur trunk?

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

boosted60trimrstOct-09-05 12:42 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#11593, "RE: Ground ?"
In response to Reply # 2

maybe your alternater is going

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

MonOct-10-05 02:53 PM
4 posts,
#11604, "RE: Ground ?"
In response to Reply # 3

I have changed the little condensor on the motor, but i still have a problem. I Think that my amp is the problem. Because i put my home theater amp in the car to do some test and i had no more noise comming from the sub. I'll return the amp frist thing in the morning tomorow! I realy pissed about this , for the past two weeks i've been driving whitout music in the car.
I have a clarion dxz845mc head unit, a clarion pro audio 320w amp,a condenser and an aluminium 12inch eclipse sub.Just ennuf to get deaf and turn my seats in massage chair

MonOct-11-05 09:17 AM
4 posts,
#11606, "RE: Ground ?"
In response to Reply # 4

just came to say that finally, after 3 weeks driving around in a strip car a redoing all the wirering, that my amp was the problem!
I went to the store today and came back whit a brand new amp and everthing works well !
Tanks for the help anyway!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11587 Previous topic | Next topic