Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11558
View in linear mode

Subject: "need help selecting LCD screen" Previous topic | Next topic
dsmmythSep-28-05 06:30 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11558, "need help selecting LCD screen"
Sep-28-05 06:42 PM by dsmmyth

Hey guys, this is an odd request. But I'm looking for an LCD screen that sits in dash. I want it to be as unnoticeable as possible, maybe even just look like its a piece of black plastic until it's folded out. So far, the closest I've come to this is the Innovatek IN704L.

Is there any other screens that are more discreet? Thanks.

Edit: Here's another one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-7-0-INDASH-LCD-TFT-DVD-TV-HI-RES-MONITOR-SCREENS_W0QQitemZ5813617325QQcategoryZ67771QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But if you know of any others, please tell!

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: need help selecting LCD screen, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-28-05 06:48 PM, #1
RE: need help selecting LCD screen, J, Sep-28-05 07:23 PM, #2
RE: need help selecting LCD screen, dsmmyth, Sep-29-05 09:03 AM, #3
      RE: need help selecting LCD screen, dsmmyth, Sep-29-05 09:23 AM, #4
RE: need help selecting LCD screen, MCubed45, Sep-29-05 10:05 AM, #5
      RE: need help selecting LCD screen, dsmmyth, Sep-30-05 05:22 AM, #6
           RE: need help selecting LCD screen, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-30-05 07:08 AM, #7
RE: need help selecting LCD screen, xposed97, Sep-30-05 01:59 PM, #8
RE: need help selecting LCD screen, dsmmyth, Sep-30-05 02:27 PM, #9

SPL_EclipseSep-28-05 06:48 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11559, "RE: need help selecting LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 0

ive heard (and seen) really good things about the sharp TFT screens, so i would put faith in the link you provided. on a side note, the best screen ive seen (for a low cost) has been by lilliput.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JSep-28-05 07:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#11561, "RE: need help selecting LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 1

Xenarc 7" TS & Carputer
http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=39

May be overkill for what you're looking for,
- J

- J

dsmmythSep-29-05 09:03 AM
1178 posts,
#11563, "RE: need help selecting LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by J
Xenarc 7" TS & Carputer http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=39 May be overkill for what you're looking for, - J

Yea that is a bit much, lol. I just want something simple looking when closed so it doesn't attract any attention.

Anyone else?

1998 Eclipse GS

Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

dsmmythSep-29-05 09:23 AM
1178 posts,
#11564, "RE: need help selecting LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 3

What do you guys think about this one, and then painting the silver part black?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NP700-7-16-9-TFT-LCD-MOBILE-SWIVEL-IN-DASH-CAR-MONITOR_W0QQitemZ5813933167QQcategoryZ67771QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1998 Eclipse GS

MCubed45Sep-29-05 10:05 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#11565, "RE: need help selecting LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
ive heard (and seen) really good things about the sharp TFT screens, so i would put faith in the link you provided. on a side note, the best screen ive seen (for a low cost) has been by lilliput.

just FYI most LCD's are made by the same company (or on or two companies actually). not the final product but the screen itself. the screens are all made in the same place and then they get shipped to different companies who put their own housings etc on the screen. it's funny when company's try to advertise that their screens are so much better than other company's ones. it's the same screen with a different case. the main difference is the housing/features and i guess you're paying for the brand name/support.

-marc

dsmmythSep-30-05 05:22 AM
1178 posts,
#11569, "RE: need help selecting LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by MCubed45
Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse ive heard (and seen) really good things about the sharp TFT screens, so i would put faith in the link you provided. on a side note, the best screen ive seen (for a low cost) has been by lilliput.
just FYI most LCD's are made by the same company (or on or two companies actually). not the final product but the screen itself. the screens are all made in the same place and then they get shipped to different companies who put their own housings etc on the screen. it's funny when company's try to advertise that their screens are so much better than other company's ones. it's the same screen with a different case. the main difference is the housing/features and i guess you're paying for the brand name/support.

Well, I know that but I'm just looking for stealthiness in an LCD.

1998 Eclipse GS

EclipseTenzoRSep-30-05 07:08 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#11570, "RE: need help selecting LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 6

I'll vouch for this unit brian. My buddy put this in his girlfriends car and it works great. It is clearly visible outside of the car all the way from the trunk. And the color is pretty crisp. Understand though you will need an external dvd player. Later

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

xposed97Sep-30-05 01:59 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2005
11 posts,
#11572, "RE: need help selecting LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 0

The second screen you posted is more stealthy then the first but with the silver face it may stick out. The first one would be the one I would chose due to the black case and minnimal buttons to see. hope this helps.
http://www.xposed-motorsports.com/tadd.html
I'm only one, but inside my head there are many tring to get out.

dsmmythSep-30-05 02:27 PM
1178 posts,
#11573, "RE: need help selecting LCD screen"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by xposed97
The second screen you posted is more stealthy then the first but with the silver face it may stick out. The first one would be the one I would chose due to the black case and minnimal buttons to see. hope this helps. http://www.xposed-motorsports.com/tadd.html I'm only one, but inside my head there are many tring to get out.

Yea, but if I painted the silver part black, is what I'm saying. I don't know though, if I'm not too sure I want this, I know the money put towards an LCD screen can go somewhere else more beneficial.

1998 Eclipse GS

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11558 Previous topic | Next topic