Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11535
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need Help Choosing Navigation System" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRSep-26-05 04:31 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11535, "Need Help Choosing Navigation System"

I need help choosing between an Eclipse Navigation system and the New Pioneer Navigation. I like the looks of the Eclipse navi and how it would look in the dash, but Pioneer has a new indash which is pretty damn nice too including xm navitraffic which plans alternative routes if traffic is jammed in the primary route. The upside is the Pioneer is about $500 cheaper than the Eclipse. So heres the deal, pretend money is of no object which one would you guys go with?

http://www.eclipse-web.com/avn/avn5435.html

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_3151_218219118,00.html

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-26-05 04:09 PM, #1
RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, totaleclipse_05, Sep-26-05 04:27 PM, #2
      RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-26-05 06:24 PM, #3
           RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, CrazyEclipse, Sep-26-05 06:52 PM, #4
                RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-26-05 07:01 PM, #5
                     RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, RSClipse9d7, Sep-27-05 07:19 AM, #6
                          RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-27-05 09:30 AM, #7
                               RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, totaleclipse_05, Sep-27-05 09:40 AM, #8
                                    RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-27-05 06:54 PM, #9
                                         RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, VOTBLINDUB, Oct-12-05 04:10 PM, #10
                                              RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, djtrickee, Oct-12-05 04:54 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System, EclipseTenzoR, Oct-13-05 10:51 AM, #12

EclipseTenzoRSep-26-05 04:09 PM
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11539, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevermind I went with the Pioneer unit

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleclipse_05Sep-26-05 04:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#11540, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 1

Good choice. I love Pioneer. I'm on my second headunit because I wanted to upgrade to the next year's model lol.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

EclipseTenzoRSep-26-05 06:24 PM
2386 posts,
#11542, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 2

Yea this will be my third Pioneer so I figure hey they have all treated me good so I will continue to give them my money

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

CrazyEclipseSep-26-05 06:52 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#11543, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 3

OMFGWTFWEREYOUTHINKING?!

sheeeeez

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

EclipseTenzoRSep-26-05 07:01 PM
2386 posts,
#11544, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 4

Why?

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

RSClipse9d7Sep-27-05 07:19 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#11545, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 5

I know some Eclipse units come with a free replacement if they are stolen. Of course they have to be installed by a dealer but that is still a nice deal if you are dropping that kind of money on something.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

EclipseTenzoRSep-27-05 09:30 AM
2386 posts,
#11546, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 6

Yea the Eclipse unit is deffintley nice. But I bought the pioneer because It had some really nice features not in the Eclipse.. I don't know I just hope I made the right decision being as how I just spend $1,200

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

totaleclipse_05Sep-27-05 09:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#11547, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 7

My friend is going on his third replacement Eclipse HU. It's a 8443 model. I have never had any problems with my Pioneer and I like my display a lot more.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

EclipseTenzoRSep-27-05 06:54 PM
2386 posts,
#11551, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 8

Wow, I just went to Tweeter today to check out the Pioneer unit and let me tell you that the headunit is amazing! I can't wait to receive mine soon. I will take lots of pics of how it looks in the dash. Simply its an amazing unit but I would have to mess with the Eclipse to get a better comparison. I can atleast say I will not be disapointed with the AVIC-D1 unit

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

VOTBLINDUBOct-12-05 04:10 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#11616, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 9

eclipse just made a new one, its sick, get that

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

djtrickeeOct-12-05 04:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11619, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by VOTBLINDUB
eclipse just made a new one, its sick, get that

Wow. really? great info. link? swooper strikes again!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

EclipseTenzoROct-13-05 10:51 AM
2386 posts,
#11620, "RE: Need Help Choosing Navigation System"
In response to Reply # 11

I bought the Pioneer one if no one noticed my sig. I will take some pictures of the whole car and make a gallery soon, because a few people bugged me about the sig being a tease..So I will have more pictures in time.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11535 Previous topic | Next topic