Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11530
View in linear mode

Subject: "Think my stereo system is dead..." Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiSep-23-05 04:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11530, "Think my stereo system is dead..."

I don't know how it happened, but I was stopping for a changing light and my capacitor came out of it's brackets, the cover came off the positive terminal, and the bolt was loose and the positive terminal twisted and hit the negative terminal. Both pieces are jet black where they hit and it also created a very small fire in the back of my car. But now my 1.0 farad capacitor and 1100 watt amplifier won't work.

Did I totally fry my whole system?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

eclipse_99rsSep-23-05 07:52 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11531, "RE: Think my stereo system is dead..."
In response to Reply # 0

Did you check the fuses on the amp? also if the cap terminals touched, then it discharged all of the electricity in it and you will need to recharge it.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

wite96gsSep-23-05 09:55 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
#11532, "RE: Think my stereo system is dead..."
In response to Reply # 1

probably blew the fuse at the battery

-----------
the first solution that comes to mind for any new problem with my car usually involves a can of gas and a match....

FlyinEsiSep-23-05 01:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#11533, "RE: Think my stereo system is dead..."
In response to Reply # 2

damn guys, thanks for the heads up...I didn't even think about that.

VOTBLINDUBSep-23-05 02:15 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#11534, "RE: Think my stereo system is dead..."
In response to Reply # 3

yea, most likely all the fuses fucked

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11530 Previous topic | Next topic