Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11506
View in linear mode

Subject: "omg!! i just blown both of my component systems......" Previous topic | Next topic
tha_gr81Sep-08-05 06:50 PM
Member since Sep 07th 2005
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11506, "omg!! i just blown both of my component systems......"

Heres my setup

0/1GA
alpine 9835
kicker KS5.2
kicker KS65.2
kicker kx650.4
kicker kx1200.1
1 cap
1 redtop
2 12" l7s
1999 mitsubishi eclipse stock alt (i dont know how much amp it is)

it sounded so good for the first 30secs so i turned off the car.... next min i turn my car back on then all of a sudden one of my front speakers made a pop sound and gave a lot of engine noise.... i took everything off and checked the wiring... it looked fine...... so i turned back on the car and found my front left midbass speaker wasnt working but the tweeter worked.... front right speakers works but it sounds like its cracking.... back left midbass is working but the tweeters are not.... back right midbass and tweeters dont work at all..... all that money wasted ..... now i dont what to do... if i install all new speakers it might happen again.... has this ever happen to anyone? u think my amp is the problem or the deck? btw no fuses popped.....

i replaced each door and rear speakers to comp sets but didnt noticed the dash speakers were hooked up and working to.... i read the dash speakers were 8ohm.... having those speakers hooked like that can that cause the blow up?

thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

VOTBLINDUBSep-14-05 05:08 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11517, "RE: omg!! i just blown both of my component systems......"
In response to Reply # 0

how are ur grounds? anything hooked up backwards? send me a diagram of ur setup

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11506 Previous topic | Next topic