Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11458
View in linear mode

Subject: "Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly" Previous topic | Next topic
jsupetranAug-27-05 10:53 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11458, "Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly"
Aug-27-05 11:19 AM by jsupetran

Hi, today my viper 790xv stopped being able to turn the alarm on or off and hence, lock and unlock the doors, and turn off and on the starter (BIG PROBLEM). Any ideas? When I am standing next to the car, it says no signal... I think it is the remote since the antenna has not been tampered with but I have been not so kind to my remote such as tossing it on the ground and what not. Any help? Thanks.

edit: Okay, I learned the bypass ignition/valet sequence...

Anyone how to diagnose how I can figure out what is wrong with the system.

FINALLY, anyone know how to add another remote for a replacement?

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly, jsupetran, Aug-27-05 12:09 PM, #1
RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly, SPL_Eclipse, Aug-28-05 06:45 PM, #2
      RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly, jsupetran, Aug-28-05 06:49 PM, #3
           RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly, MCubed45, Aug-28-05 08:23 PM, #4
                RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly, EclipseTenzoR, Aug-29-05 04:16 AM, #5
                     RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly, jsupetran, Aug-29-05 06:42 AM, #6
                          RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-04-05 05:52 PM, #7
                               RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-05-05 05:49 PM, #8

jsupetranAug-27-05 12:09 PM
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11459, "RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly"
In response to Reply # 0

Also, if I buy a used replacement remote, can I still reprogram it to my existing alarm?

New Car:

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SPL_EclipseAug-28-05 06:45 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#11462, "RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by jsupetran
Also, if I buy a used replacement remote, can I still reprogram it to my existing alarm?

yes. check with the manufacturer for the method (it should invlove using the valet button).

are you sure the battery is OK in the remote?

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

jsupetranAug-28-05 06:49 PM
4359 posts,
#11463, "RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly"
In response to Reply # 2

Yup, the battery is fresh. I even changed it just in case.

New Car:

Old Car:
Boostin since Aug 03.

MCubed45Aug-28-05 08:23 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#11464, "RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly"
In response to Reply # 3

www.viper.com

go download the manuals. everything you need to know is in there.

-marc

EclipseTenzoRAug-29-05 04:16 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#11465, "RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly"
In response to Reply # 4

I had the 790xv too. I read around and found out the remote is a piece of shit for that model so I just upgraded to the 791xv remote which was alot cooler looking and had some other neat little options.. It had the backlight still like the old remote but this one could vibrate too. Goto this website. http://www.drdetailshop.com

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

jsupetranAug-29-05 06:42 AM
4359 posts,
#11466, "RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
I had the 790xv too. I read around and found out the remote is a piece of shit for that model so I just upgraded to the 791xv remote which was alot cooler looking and had some other neat little options.. It had the backlight still like the old remote but this one could vibrate too. Goto this website. http://www.drdetailshop.com

I have vibrate on my remote... Will a replacement remote for a viper 790xv work with a viper 791xv? Just wondering.

My remote has the white front and grey backing.

New Car:

Old Car:
Boostin since Aug 03.

EclipseTenzoRSep-04-05 05:52 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#11489, "RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly"
In response to Reply # 6

Yea dude that was the same remote that my alarm came with. I had the 790XV. I have read around that those remotes were known to be faulty and die. Trust me the 791XV remote will work for it. I used it with my alarm up until I un-installed the whole system

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

TeamXtremeRSSep-05-05 05:49 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#11497, "RE: Viper 790xv remote nolonger working correctly"
In response to Reply # 7

I install DEI stuff at work, and we get those remotes coming back quite often..they are delicate, so dropping them can make them non functional. I take care of mine, and it's been fine for several years now...I still see the new remotes come back too...just be very carfull with them..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11458 Previous topic | Next topic