Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11444
View in linear mode

Subject: "QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff" Previous topic | Next topic
Max-EclipseAug-24-05 10:18 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2004
527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11444, "QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff"

NOTE: My car will have shaved door handles.

I want to put the following on my car:

- Remote for door poppers (duh)
- Keypad where I have to enter a code to start car (not too many digits... 6 or something.. not like a 25 digit code... lol) i searched for them, but didn't really come up with anything.. where can i get one?
- I want (if I have a certain switch in my car turned on) for the windows and sun roof to close when I turn the car off, but for them to stay open when i turn car off if the switch is off...
- security system with tilt sensor, shock sensor, and proximity sensor
- I would really like to be able to pop my hatch remotley too since that's more l33t than using a key

For everything that has a remote... I would like to be able to control all through one remote... is there any way that is possible? Security system, door popper, hatch opener

Thanks

--------------------------------------
My Parts For Sale - http://picasaweb.google.com/schmeling88/CarParts

Contact me if you're interested in any.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff, RSClipse9d7, Aug-24-05 11:22 AM, #1
RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff, Max-Eclipse, Aug-24-05 11:47 AM, #2
      RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff, MCubed45, Aug-24-05 03:14 PM, #3
           RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff, Max-Eclipse, Aug-24-05 05:46 PM, #4
                RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff, Chris97RS, Aug-25-05 03:21 AM, #5
                     RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff, Max-Eclipse, Aug-25-05 07:35 AM, #6
                          RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff, gramozeka, Aug-26-05 10:34 AM, #7

RSClipse9d7Aug-24-05 11:22 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11445, "RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

I can't be of much help with everything else but there was a guy on here who did the keypad thing. I can't think of his name and I tried a search but I can't narrow it down enough. Maybe someone else here can help me remember his username. It was the guy with all the fiberglass work and a huge consule down the middle of his headliner. I think the car was yellow and green.

Anyway, that guy can help you. He got the idea from the Transporter and was able to make it work. Good luck.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Max-EclipseAug-24-05 11:47 AM
527 posts,
#11446, "RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by RSClipse9d7
I can't be of much help with everything else but there was a guy on here who did the keypad thing. I can't think of his name and I tried a search but I can't narrow it down enough. Maybe someone else here can help me remember his username. It was the guy with all the fiberglass work and a huge consule down the middle of his headliner. I think the car was yellow and green. Anyway, that guy can help you. He got the idea from the Transporter and was able to make it work. Good luck.

Yeah, I remember seeing that car... real nice with a huge system and a camera in the back so he could see... i couldn't find it either...

MCubed45Aug-24-05 03:14 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#11447, "RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff"
In response to Reply # 2

go with a viper800 if you're plannin on adding lots extra remote features. that's what i have. it gives you 7 channels to play with. most alarms will only have one or tow extra channels. right now i've got a trunk popper, window roll-down (validity output), auto-roll up upon arming, remote radio (latched output)... i'm prolly gonna put my loud ass Hella horns on another channel and possibly my headlights later when i get HID's again.

to do the window/sunroof roll-up you just use the ground when armed wire from the alarm to trigger a module which controls the windows and sunroof. they module is about $20 on ebay. you need it b/c it senses when the window/sunroof is fully closed (it senses the voltage spike) and cuts power to the motors. otherwise it'd be like holding down the window 'up' button in the car the entire time the alarm is armed... that's bad for the motors

when you don't want them to auto-roll up you would just bypass the signal from the alarm to the roll-up modules with your manual switch.

the solenoid for a trunk popper is about $20-30. easy to install just time consuming.

sry i don't have any info on keybads though.

-marc

Max-EclipseAug-24-05 05:46 PM
527 posts,
#11448, "RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by MCubed45
go with a viper800 if you're plannin on adding lots extra remote features. that's what i have. it gives you 7 channels to play with. most alarms will only have one or tow extra channels. right now i've got a trunk popper, window roll-down (validity output), auto-roll up upon arming, remote radio (latched output)... i'm prolly gonna put my loud ass Hella horns on another channel and possibly my headlights later when i get HID's again. to do the window/sunroof roll-up you just use the ground when armed wire from the alarm to trigger a module which controls the windows and sunroof. they module is about $20 on ebay. you need it b/c it senses when the window/sunroof is fully closed (it senses the voltage spike) and cuts power to the motors. otherwise it'd be like holding down the window 'up' button in the car the entire time the alarm is armed... that's bad for the motors when you don't want them to auto-roll up you would just bypass the signal from the alarm to the roll-up modules with your manual switch. the solenoid for a trunk popper is about $20-30. easy to install just time consuming. sry i don't have any info on keybads though.

Thanks for the info!

I don't think the keypad thing will be very hard... unless there isn't a kit that is made and you have to custom make it... that would be a pain... lol.. im sure theres a kit though

Chris97RSAug-25-05 03:21 AM
Member since Jul 21st 2005
229 posts,
#11449, "RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah theres kits out there for the keypad. when i bought my 94 Blazer it had one in it. I dont know where it was done at though since i bought it used. check around with places in your area that sell and install alarms and stuff. someone has to know something about them.

DSM= Doesn't Start Monthly

Max-EclipseAug-25-05 07:35 AM
527 posts,
#11450, "RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Chris97RS
yeah theres kits out there for the keypad. when i bought my 94 Blazer it had one in it. I dont know where it was done at though since i bought it used. check around with places in your area that sell and install alarms and stuff. someone has to know something about them.

Ok... I'll check, but there is only like one place within an hours drive... i'll probably be better off emailing some place and asking... lol

gramozekaAug-26-05 10:34 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#11453, "RE: QUESTIONS: security and other electronic stuff"
In response to Reply # 6

there was a time when immobilizers wiht keypad were popular. But I think the only thing they did was interupted a number of electrical connections like you can kill the starter, fuel, ignition.

En example of such thing I just found on google

http://test.daronet.com/ravbariah/product.asp?product=216

Going the way of Transporter is a custom job, which with proper knowledge shold not be too difficult or there might be a kit. And let's remember ford cars that have had combination code on doors for quite a wile now

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11444 Previous topic | Next topic