Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11433
View in linear mode

Subject: "speaker size" Previous topic | Next topic
frank1320Aug-19-05 05:52 PM
Member since Jul 27th 2005
82 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11433, "speaker size"

I have a 99 GS OZ edition and i was wondering if theres a definite answer for what size the speakers are. SoundDomain and Crutchfield say different things about what fits and what doesnt. I also looked on this forum and it seems like a lot of people have different speaker sizes. Anybody know the speaker sizes for my car?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

joeck76Aug-20-05 04:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11436, "RE: speaker size"
In response to Reply # 0

in that model i believe you have the infinity set up which would put 6x9s in the rear and 6 1/2 in the doors the only other option came mostly in the rs and its 6 1/2 in the rear and 5 1/4 in the doors.

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

frank1320Aug-20-05 06:38 AM
Member since Jul 27th 2005
82 posts,
#11437, "RE: speaker size"
In response to Reply # 1

I don't think i have the infinity system because theres nothing underneath my passenger seat

joeck76Aug-20-05 10:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#11438, "RE: speaker size"
In response to Reply # 2

what does your head unit say? if not than go with the second set up i posted.

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

CustomGSAug-22-05 06:48 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11439, "RE: speaker size"
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-22-05 06:50 AM by CustomGS

You could have walked out to your car and checked in the time it took you to type this post. That would be pretty definitive.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11433 Previous topic | Next topic