Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11364
View in linear mode

Subject: "Door speakers" Previous topic | Next topic
MattitudeV1Aug-03-05 02:07 PM
Member since Aug 27th 2004
120 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11364, "Door speakers"

I want to replace the stock door speakers with 6.5" Inifinity Reference shallow-depth speakers.

Here's the link: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ffvqx6Z9Po5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=52000&I=1086012SI

Does anyone know if these will fit properly or is cutting or new brackets required for install?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Door speakers, joeck76, Aug-05-05 03:50 PM, #1
RE: Door speakers, ajcfalcon, Aug-06-05 04:32 AM, #2
      RE: Door speakers, joeck76, Aug-06-05 01:47 PM, #3
           RE: Door speakers, VOTBLINDUB, Aug-09-05 08:37 AM, #4
                RE: Door speakers, MattitudeV1, Aug-09-05 12:35 PM, #5
                     RE: Door speakers, VOTBLINDUB, Aug-09-05 03:34 PM, #6
                     RE: Door speakers, MemphisEclipse, Aug-11-05 05:12 PM, #7
                     RE: Door speakers, freelancefool, Sep-13-05 09:52 AM, #8
                          RE: Door speakers, BWtwoK, Oct-22-05 03:56 PM, #9
                               RE: Door speakers, VOTBLINDUB, Nov-01-05 01:13 PM, #10
                                    RE: Door speakers, extreme97nt, Nov-13-05 02:44 AM, #11

joeck76Aug-05-05 03:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11385, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 0

it all depends on the type of factory system you have if you have the 6 1/2 in the front already than you should be ok if not than you can either cut your 5 1/4 down or buy a set of 6/12 brackets for the front doors. my car had the infinity system so mine had 6 1/2 but my other rs had 5 1/4 just so you know though no matter what speaker you put down there the sound quality really sucks because of the position. just my 2 cents.

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ajcfalconAug-06-05 04:32 AM
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
1104 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11387, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 1

If you have the 6x9's in the rear, does that mean you have 6.5 in the doors? or does it not always work out that way?

joeck76Aug-06-05 01:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#11391, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 2

i believe if we are talking stock yes your right because 6x9s in the rear would mean you have the premium system

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

VOTBLINDUBAug-09-05 08:37 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#11403, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 3

get urself some 1/2 inch mdf rings, use screws to fasten them onto the door metal, then put the speakers onto the rings. makes a big diff, man. my doors are like that, just a bit more comple i can get some pics up if u want, PM me if u want to see

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

MattitudeV1Aug-09-05 12:35 PM
Member since Aug 27th 2004
120 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11407, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 4

I have 5 1/4" speakers in the doors. Has anyone fit 6.5" speakers in the 5 1/4" brackets by cutting the brackets? Would cost too much to buy the 6.5" brackets from the dealer.

This is confusing because Crutchfield says the 5 1/4" Infinity speakers won't fit, but also says 6.5" speakers will fit on cars without the Infinity system.

If anyone has put 5 1/4" speakers in 5 1/4" brackets with no probs, please let me know.

VOTBLINDUBAug-09-05 03:34 PM
403 posts,
#11409, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 5

i run 6inch cones, no probs

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

MemphisEclipseAug-11-05 05:12 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2002
19 posts,
#11429, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 6

I have 8" Memphis Audio components in my doors. All I did was remove the factory speaker mount and made a new one from some 5/8" wood. Fit just right and sound awesome!

freelancefoolSep-13-05 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#11514, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by MattitudeV1
I have 5 1/4" speakers in the doors. Has anyone fit 6.5" speakers in the 5 1/4" brackets by cutting the brackets? Would cost too much to buy the 6.5" brackets from the dealer. This is confusing because Crutchfield says the 5 1/4" Infinity speakers won't fit, but also says 6.5" speakers will fit on cars without the Infinity system. If anyone has put 5 1/4" speakers in 5 1/4" brackets with no probs, please let me know.

I spent about 30 minutes and hand fabbed some speaker rings out of 1/4" MDF for the speaker brackets. They work great, except the MDF flexes when I increase the power to the speakers and you can hear them rattling against the door. 1/2" MDF would be the smallest thickness I would go with. I will be redoing mine soon and will probably through some felt on there for good measure this time around. I can post pictures when I do it and make a how to if need be.

My Blog

BWtwoKOct-22-05 03:56 PM
Member since Sep 18th 2002
37 posts,
#11632, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 8

I was able to fit 6.5"s in my doors keeping the smaller black base still in the door. What I did have to do was trim the plastic rings on the doors as they were hitting the speaker.

Woody

First 2k Neon with SRT Swap. Full Swap
Owner of a 97 eclipse RS.
Lets see how long this stays stock.

VOTBLINDUBNov-01-05 01:13 PM
403 posts,
#11656, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 9

look, man. screw brackets, all they do is ruin your sound. use MDF rings

extreme97ntNov-13-05 02:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#11679, "RE: Door speakers"
In response to Reply # 10

I have a set of kappa perfects I am selling that would sound much better and can handle some serious power. These speakers are NIB they ware to big for my truck. look in the FS section if interested.

www.cnnmotorsports.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11364 Previous topic | Next topic