Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11248
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!" Previous topic | Next topic
sikeJun-30-05 01:55 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2003
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11248, "Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!"

ok, last night someome broke into my car and stole my 500w sony amp(got it for $25 bux after my 750w blew up), my enclosed box, and 2 10" Polk audio subs. SHITTY. FUC<ING BASTARDS!@$!@$!@ Well anyway, I cannot live without subs, so I must get something new ASAP. I was VERY pleased with the polk audio subs, but I'm willign to change, unless I can find a great deal on some polk/momo's. I want to go with 2 10"s again... sounds great in the eclipse. I'm looking to spend around $500 total for the setup, nothing crazy, nothing cheap. I'm not getting any money from insurance because they are caq sucking sons of bitches, so $500 is really my max. Anyone have any suggestions for 10" subs + amps? Anything I should know to stay away from before I go and purchase something?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-30-05 02:38 PM, #1
RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!, EclipseTenzoR, Jun-30-05 04:08 PM, #2
      RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!, DanKid, Jul-01-05 05:34 AM, #3
           RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!, SPL_Eclipse, Jul-01-05 08:53 AM, #4
RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!, eclipse7782, Jul-03-05 06:33 PM, #5
RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!, extreme97nt, Jul-04-05 05:21 PM, #6
      RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!, joeck76, Jul-05-05 01:07 PM, #7
           RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!, a_miller_76, Jul-05-05 02:38 PM, #8
                RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!, joeck76, Jul-05-05 05:02 PM, #9

eclipse982nrRSTJun-30-05 02:38 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11249, "RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!"
In response to Reply # 0

i love my phoenix gold stuff, kicks ass
look into phoenix gold. also, take a look at XTANT stuff, although i dont know how much it runs. kicker is good too, fairly cheap as well if you find the right place.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseTenzoRJun-30-05 04:08 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#11250, "RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!"
In response to Reply # 1

I plan on going with a single 12" Eclipse Aluminum sub but thats just my preference. Good bass but also great clarity

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

DanKidJul-01-05 05:34 AM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#11251, "RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!"
In response to Reply # 2

I just installed 2 10" Sony Xplode subs with a 500 Watt Sony Xplode amp in my eclipse about two weeks ago and they sound like crap. It's loud but the bass just doesn't hit hard. It sounds distorted once the bass hits. But then again you get what you pay for. I got the two subs and amp for $188 at 6th Ave Electronics a few months ago. But I love the setup that I have in my civic. I have two JL Audio 12" subs (I think they are the 12w0) with a 300 watt fosgate punch amplifier. I bought this setup about 7 years ago and it still sounds good. Even though they are the lowest subs that JL Audio makes, the bass hits real hard. I think it's because of the amp. Some people say that the old school fosgate punch amps are the best ones fosgate made. I think you should stay away from Sony or anything else cheap and go for something high end even if you have to spend a little more money.

SPL_EclipseJul-01-05 08:53 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#11252, "RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-01-05 08:54 AM by SPL_Eclipse

your best bet is to go out to shops/compititions and listen to everything you can. considering you were happy with the equipment you had before, i could name literaly thousands of comparable sub/amp combos in your price range. so anyway...go listen and if you have any questions on a particular product or even brand name, we'll help you out!

dur...forgot to add: i really like the momos, but in my opinion they are a little over priced. if you can find a good deal go for it.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

eclipse7782Jul-03-05 06:33 PM
Member since Dec 14th 2004
215 posts,
#11253, "RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-03-05 06:34 PM by eclipse7782

I have a friend who lives right outside of the stillwater plant in OK. He is a dealer for Kicker and can get anything at least 1/2 off if not less. This is all brand new stuff to in factory sealer boxes straight from the plant. Let me know if you decide to go with kicker I can hook you up. I highly recommend there stuff. I think for subs kicker and eclipse make the best. Its hard to find a better sub then a kicker solo-baric or an eclipse spun titanium.

extreme97ntJul-04-05 05:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#11254, "RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!"
In response to Reply # 5

I have always been a fan of JL AUDIO products.

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)
www.cnnmotorsports.com

joeck76Jul-05-05 01:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#11257, "RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!"
In response to Reply # 6

go on ebay and look for 2 10" rockford punch z's best speakers for the buck in my opinion, and push them with an old skool punch 200 amp, must be the old skool the black one. guaranteed this set up will out do most, will definatly out do anything else at cost. should get the subs for about $120 and the amp for about $100.

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

a_miller_76Jul-05-05 02:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#11258, "RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!"
In response to Reply # 7

Rockford Punch subs are the shittiest subs ever. They may be better than other low line subs but for what you're expecting out of the Rockford name they're total fucking shit. Don't get Punch series unless you want a dog turd in a box.

joeck76Jul-05-05 05:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#11259, "RE: Stolen amp/box/subs. Need recommendations for new stuff!"
In response to Reply # 8
Jul-05-05 05:04 PM by joeck76

are you serious my punch z series are the best subs ive ever seen they hit harder and handle better than subs twice there cost, i agree with like the old punch classics and series 1 but the z series are different im telling you. one of mine has a hold in the ring and it still hits hard as hell noone believes i have 2 10s and than when i tell them im only pushing 200 watts they really think im full of it. i totally disagree about the z series speakers they are the best ive ever purchased!
p.s that picture is something else? lol whose the girl?

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11248 Previous topic | Next topic