Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11231
View in linear mode

Subject: "How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??" Previous topic | Next topic
clipse2g95Jun-15-05 05:01 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2004
167 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11231, "How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??"

Right now I have them hook up to a little amp but I have that very annoying alternator whine so i'm just saying forget it and i'll just throw out that amp cuz it sucks anyways. So how do I wire my 6x9's in the back directly to my rear output on my deck??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??, a_miller_76, Jun-15-05 06:38 AM, #1
RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??, djtrickee, Jun-15-05 07:34 AM, #2
      RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??, CustomGS, Jun-15-05 12:32 PM, #3
           RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Jun-15-05 06:46 PM, #4
                RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??, clipse2g95, Jun-15-05 06:53 PM, #5
                     RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??, CustomGS, Jun-16-05 08:36 AM, #6
                          RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??, a_miller_76, Jun-16-05 10:10 AM, #7
                               RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-05-05 12:21 PM, #8
                                    RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??, EclipseTenzoR, Jul-05-05 12:29 PM, #9

a_miller_76Jun-15-05 06:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11232, "RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, this is such a horrible question I am affraid for the wiring in your car. You don't dude. Don't even try. RCA's will not drive a speaker.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

djtrickeeJun-15-05 07:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11233, "RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Wow, this is such a horrible question I am affraid for the wiring in your car. You don't dude. Don't even try. RCA's will not drive a speaker.

lol.

What the hell are you talking about dude. Its totally possible

You just have to use the Super trans-dimensional BlackHole Wiring Transcoder Device.

I might get fired for this but heres a top secret pic from our labratories...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

CustomGSJun-15-05 12:32 PM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11234, "RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??"
In response to Reply # 2
Jun-15-05 12:32 PM by CustomGS

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by a_miller_76 Wow, this is such a horrible question I am affraid for the wiring in your car. You don't dude. Don't even try. RCA's will not drive a speaker.
lol. What the hell are you talking about dude. Its totally possible You just have to use the Super trans-dimensional BlackHole Wiring Transcoder Device. I might get fired for this but heres a top secret pic from our labratories...

HAHAAAAAAA

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

Moderatorsd_eclipseJun-15-05 06:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#11236, "RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??"
In response to Reply # 3

Heh, while I did chuckle a little, try to be helpful and not bash to much guys.
<back to topic at hand>
If i were you, I'd try moving your ground(possiable bad ground) or check to see if the rca's are run along with the power leads. Both will cause you to pick up alt. whine.

clipse2g95Jun-15-05 06:53 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2004
167 posts,
#11237, "RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??"
In response to Reply # 4

Wow, sorry about that question everyone! I knew the answer to that and I have no idea why I wouldnt have realized it right away. Dont worry, I'm embarassed!!!

CustomGSJun-16-05 08:36 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11238, "RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by clipse2g95
Wow, sorry about that question everyone! I knew the answer to that and I have no idea why I wouldnt have realized it right away. Dont worry, I'm embarassed!!!

Dont worry about, Its good to make us laugh... Just run your 6x9's directly off of the rear speaker output wires on your headunit. And i dont believe our stock rear speakers are 6x9s.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

a_miller_76Jun-16-05 10:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#11239, "RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by CustomGS
Originally posted by clipse2g95 Wow, sorry about that question everyone! I knew the answer to that and I have no idea why I wouldnt have realized it right away. Dont worry, I'm embarassed!!!
Dont worry about, Its good to make us laugh... Just run your 6x9's directly off of the rear speaker output wires on your headunit. And i dont believe our stock rear speakers are 6x9s.

In infinity equiped cars they were.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-05-05 12:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#11255, "RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by a_miller_76
In infinity equiped cars they were.

In non-Infinity/non-RS models they were, too.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

EclipseTenzoRJul-05-05 12:29 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#11256, "RE: How do I hook up 6X9's directly to my deck RCA's??"
In response to Reply # 8

Not me, I had to hack my pods in the gs.. Anyway as far as your whine goes.. That would be a grounding problem, I too have that problem especially when its wet or humid out.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11231 Previous topic | Next topic