Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1123
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where to cross wires from battery to inside" Previous topic | Next topic
pancitoJan-11-02 04:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
460 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1123, "Where to cross wires from battery to inside"

i know there is a little hole in the passanger side there is where i cross the foglights and alarm wires, but i don't think it can handle 8 gauge wire.

i have heard that under the water reservoir behind the battery is another way to go, is there a hole already there or you need to drill it?

Do you recomend going under the car and drilling in the spare tire well?

fernando_valdez@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Jan-11-02 04:46 AM, #1
RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside, Tanqueray201, Jan-11-02 05:57 AM, #2
RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside, BeefGG, Jan-11-02 07:18 AM, #3
RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside, DHmav51, Jan-11-02 08:14 AM, #4
RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside, iamnotwhoiam, Jan-11-02 08:45 AM, #5
RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside, PowerEclipses, Jan-11-02 01:47 PM, #6
      RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside, pancito, Jan-11-02 03:53 PM, #7
           RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside, koolade9, Jan-11-02 07:44 PM, #8
RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside, jasonhko, Mar-25-02 08:39 PM, #9
RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside, dudasd, Mar-26-02 05:54 AM, #10

Moderatorsd_eclipseJan-11-02 04:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1124, "RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside"
In response to Reply # 0

Really depends on what you want to do. I myself drilled a hole into the driver side firewall to get my powerlines into the car. Then ran them down the driver side under the carpet. The RCA connections from my stereo to the amp go down the passenger side. Some people cut holes into the steering wheel boot to get power lines in but i think that is kinda tacky looking.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Tanqueray201Jan-11-02 05:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#1125, "RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside"
In response to Reply # 0

>i know there is a little hole in the passanger side there is
>where i cross the foglights and alarm wires, but i don't
>think it can handle 8 gauge wire.

I got a 4 gauge running through there no problem. If you look in the archives, I remember reading people with even more. Try sticking a screwdriver in there and wiggling it around to make the hole wider.

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1996 Eagle Talon n/t(for sale!)
1998 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

BeefGGJan-11-02 07:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
#1126, "RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside"
In response to Reply # 0

I put 2 12 gauge wires through the hole on the passenger side and it went in no promblem. That's probably your best bet but if you find something else let me know.

DHmav51Jan-11-02 08:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#1127, "RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside"
In response to Reply # 0

actually, if your going to the trunk, it's easier to go under the car. there's already drain holes in the spare tire well. we did this with the amps i have in the back of mine.

*this one's for drbalazo7* Damn skeeters!!!

1999 Eclipse Anniversiary Ed GS

Factory:
Turbo wing
OZ rims
Leather

Aftermarket:
Pacesetter Cat-

iamnotwhoiamJan-11-02 08:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#1128, "RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside"
In response to Reply # 0

i would not want to run the cable under the car too risky imo.. but there is a rubber gromet with wires coming through it on the passenger side. i have my 4gauge wire running through there too but it takes some effort to get it through that rubber piece, and then it runs down the passenger side to my trunk and to my distrubution block where it splits to 4 8ga ports, only two are used for both my amps.. if you want to make it clean just remove some of the trim pieces and run the cable under it. running the cable is probably the most time consuming thing to me sometimes, but if done well the first time there wont be need to mess with it much later one. only thing you need to remember is to keep your rca wires away from the power wire as best as possible. i have my rca and speaker wires accually running down the middle of the car. and find good grounds too.. "seat belt bolts i hear work very well"

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

PowerEclipsesJan-11-02 01:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#1129, "RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside"
In response to Reply # 5

alright this is what you do, you go in your tool box and find a drill and you drill through the fire wall right near your battary... you put it through there and bam its inside the car you pull up the plastic pieces by the door then run it down there... give that a try

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

pancitoJan-11-02 03:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
460 posts,
#1130, "RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside"
In response to Reply # 6

That is what i did, i cross the power cable from the passanger side, and the RCA from the middle and got the ground from the back seatbelts, i tested the system with a freinds amp and sub, it sounds ok but it's a shitty amp, and a very shitty sub, as soon as i have money im buying my self a sub and an amp...already got a little help on another post.

Thanks Guys.

fernando_valdez@hotmail.com

koolade9Jan-11-02 07:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1131, "RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside"
In response to Reply # 7

yeah, if you take the time and do it right, you can pull the window wash resivoir and drill a nice hole and bolt in a nice grommet. the one on the passanger side is pretty user freindly as well, I ran my 4 ga. ground though that side, + down the drivers, and signal cables right down the center. I wouldn't reccommend going under the car unless you're running 1/0, anything larger than 1/0 and I'll reccommend buying a larger vehicle with a big motor to drive all your alternators..(sorry, i was rambling)

jasonhkoMar-25-02 08:39 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2002
229 posts,
#1132, "RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside"
In response to Reply # 0

just get a drill and start working on the drivers side firewall. Thats where I got a 1 gauge wire through.. it took some time though.. start with small bits then change to larger ones.. Shoot.. you can even take it to a install place and have them just drill a hole for you.. they charge like 10-20 bucks.. saves you time and headache.

dudasdMar-26-02 05:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#1133, "RE: Where to cross wires from battery to inside"
In response to Reply # 9

I drilled a whole through on the drivers side. Easiest way to do it is to get a "step-up" drill bit, kinda looks like a cone shaped bit with ridges on it. Make sure you get one of the good ones though. That way you can drill it to any size hole you want. Just make sure if you drill a whole through the firewall or run through any other holes that you put a grommet on the wire where it goes through the firewall. And as always don't forget to fuse it within 12" of the battery..

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1123 Previous topic | Next topic