Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1120
View in linear mode

Subject: "Building up a small system (long)" Previous topic | Next topic
pancitoJan-11-02 04:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
460 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1120, "Building up a small system (long)"

I just boughta head unit JVC SX770, it was fairly sheap for what i have in mind, now i don't want to compete or anything, but i want the best SQ i can afford, i want to change my fronts and rears speakers (to 6.5 and 6x9).

i bought a 200 watts wiring kit for an amp, that i'm hooking up, its 8 gauge cable from the battery to the amp, what i can load on this type of cable 200, 300 watts or less?

What kind of amp do you recommend what ever is on that range (CV,RF,JVC or other) of power, 200 RMS or 200 MAX Watts.

Now that amp is going to power a sub, again what do you guys recomend for that kind of power, 2 12", 1 12", 2 10"???

So recap, i have a head unit that will power (for now) the speakers in the system, and want to buy an amp and sub in the 200 watts rms range. Cost is very important, but not giving up all the quality of the pricey ones.

If someone can halp me out i have a lot i mean a lot of questions, that i need answers, i have read many many pages concerning sound quality and basic stuff about sound but practice is so much difference then books.

fernando_valdez@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

iamnotwhoiamJan-11-02 08:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1121, "RE: Building up a small system (long)"
In response to Reply # 0

ok ill share my two cents.. you can load about 600watts on that 8gauge cable. and for an amp to power a sub in a decent price range look into a Kenwood 729s its a 2channel 600watt, 300watt rms(rms is what really matters most of the time anyways..) and i use that one currently for my two 10in subs and it works just fine. and it should even be suficient to handle a decent 12in sub. that amp will probably go for about 150-200ish but might be cheaper for the last years model because i think they have a new model out now. i have pics of it on my site..

http://66.25.57.121:8080/photoalbum/cars/jason/

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

PowerEclipsesJan-11-02 01:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#1122, "RE: Building up a small system (long)"
In response to Reply # 1

and just to let you know, if you dont install it your self go to a small shop to install it not best buy, they dont give a shit about your stuff

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1120 Previous topic | Next topic