Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11157
View in linear mode

Subject: "installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!" Previous topic | Next topic
jdpilotMay-28-05 07:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11157, "installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"

Ok, so I finally got around to insatlling my pioneer 6x9s in the rear today. After all the reading I did in this thread, I expected to have to modify the brackets and maybe even bang out the fender so they'd fit. I also expected to see 6.5s stock sitting under the panels. To my surprise I had stock 6x9s and the pioneers dropped right in no issue, no modifying!!?? I am puzzled, I have a 95 GS without the infinity option.

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, pr0, May-29-05 05:17 AM, #1
RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, scirio, Jun-05-05 08:00 PM, #2
RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, a_miller_76, Jun-06-05 04:03 AM, #3
      RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, scirio, Jun-06-05 08:29 AM, #4
           RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, scothern, Jun-07-05 06:19 AM, #5
                RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, scirio, Jun-07-05 12:17 PM, #6
                     RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, scothern, Jun-10-05 10:20 AM, #7
                          RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, jdpilot, Jun-10-05 12:47 PM, #8
                               RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, scirio, Jun-10-05 02:09 PM, #9
                                    RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, satal95, Jun-11-05 12:30 AM, #10
                                         RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!, jdpilot, Jun-11-05 03:12 PM, #11

pr0May-29-05 05:17 AM
Member since Aug 26th 2004
288 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11160, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 0
May-29-05 05:17 AM by pr0

Its model depandant... I tried to drop in Pioneer 6x9s from an 04 Civic and they didn't fit. I would have to do some major bending and junk which I was not going to do.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

scirioJun-05-05 08:00 PM
Member since May 13th 2002
1637 posts,
#11204, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 0

well jesus h. christ. Do you mind sharing with us which exact model 6x9's fit. I have had the pods sitting around for 3 years waiting to find out which 6x9 wuold fit right on!! TELL ME now.

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

Originally posted by a drunk DSMRoadster
drink now and nafter goddanti! celebaeration birches!

a_miller_76Jun-06-05 04:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#11206, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by scirio
well jesus h. christ. Do you mind sharing with us which exact model 6x9's fit. I have had the pods sitting around for 3 years waiting to find out which 6x9 wuold fit right on!! TELL ME now.

Keep your 6.5's if that's what you have now, they don't have that muddy crappy bass that 6x9's do.

scirioJun-06-05 08:29 AM
1637 posts,
#11207, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Originally posted by scirio well jesus h. christ. Do you mind sharing with us which exact model 6x9's fit. I have had the pods sitting around for 3 years waiting to find out which 6x9 wuold fit right on!! TELL ME now.
Keep your 6.5's if that's what you have now, they don't have that muddy crappy bass that 6x9's do.

no., I have stockers. I like the little bass they put out. I'll keep the quality audio equipment at home. I just want to be able to hear some deep tones over my ridiculous ass loud fuggin tweeters! I hate how everything sounds, if i turn it up the treble shatters my ear drums. I have 6.5 alpine in the door and those have their own littlke tweeter, i just cant get a way from the highs.

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

scothernJun-07-05 06:19 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
#11208, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm not sure the model but I have MB Quart 3 way 6x9's. I just hooked them up to a JBL 40x4 amp and they sound sweet!!!!! no pod modding necesary and they fit right in.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

scirioJun-07-05 12:17 PM
1637 posts,
#11211, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by scothern
I'm not sure the model but I have MB Quart 3 way 6x9's. I just hooked them up to a JBL 40x4 amp and they sound sweet!!!!! no pod modding necesary and they fit right in.
[/diNo pod mounting for you because you already had the pods. I have 6.5 pods in now and 6x9 pods in the garage wating for a slim line speaker but I cant afford mb quarts.

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

scothernJun-10-05 10:20 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
#11221, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by scirio
Originally posted by scothern I'm not sure the model but I have MB Quart 3 way 6x9's. I just hooked them up to a JBL 40x4 amp and they sound sweet!!!!! no pod modding necesary and they fit right in.

Me Either. Some dude was suppose to sell em them, a full power interior swap and a rear disc conversion for like $200. I took the speakers, the center console with armrest and the door skins to hold. I told the dude to bring me the rest of the parts and I would give him his cash. the dumb ass never showed up so I just installed the parts. The speakers were still attached to the pods as well. I had the factory 5.25" shit RS speakers. In other words, I got them for free. They are three way 6x9's 125W RMS. They sound real clean on my 40x4 JBL amp I just isntalled.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

jdpilotJun-10-05 12:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#11222, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 7

Not sure the actual item number, but they are pioneer 6x9 3-way 240 watt max TS series.

2000 BMW Z3 2.8
Member # 1147

scirioJun-10-05 02:09 PM
1637 posts,
#11223, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 8
Jun-10-05 02:10 PM by scirio

Originally posted by jdpilot
Not sure the actual item number, but they are pioneer 6x9 3-way 240 watt max TS series.

if you search you'll see that every post I make asking which speaker fits back there dies when I enter it and never gets replied to. I'll look into the "TS series," Thanks.

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

satal95Jun-11-05 12:30 AM
Member since Aug 04th 2003
351 posts,
#11224, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 9

I believe any pioneers up to the 3ways will wrk after that the magnet is to large anu will be able to only bolt up 2 screws for the 4ways.

jdpilotJun-11-05 03:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#11227, "RE: installed 6x9s-Direct fit. Sweet!"
In response to Reply # 10

I will get you my actual part number of the speakers tomorrow.

2000 BMW Z3 2.8
Member # 1147

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11157 Previous topic | Next topic