Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1094
View in linear mode

Subject: "Receivers" Previous topic | Next topic
flossinpnoyracerJan-04-02 07:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1094, "Receivers"

hey yall post some new receivers that are out
that has 6 rca outputs

300-450 dolla range

neeed a new receiver butcant decide

1999 GST

1997 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Tanqueray201Jan-05-02 10:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1095, "RE: Receivers"
In response to Reply # 0

I just recently got a Kenwood Exceleon KDC-X817. Here's the link:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=18&productId=692

Has built-in adjustable high-pass x-overs for the front and rear channels, and a low-pass for the rear. There's even an option to reverse the sub polarity from the HU. Also, you can adjust the Q and frequency of the highs, mid, and bass EQ.

The X917 is the top of the line, but the only difference between the two is that you can manually turn off the internal amp in the X917...not worth the extra $50, IMO. 817's retail price is $550...I think I got mine for about $400 or so.

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1996 Eagle Talon n/t(for sale!)
1998 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

flossinpnoyracerJan-07-02 02:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#1096, "RE: Receivers"
In response to Reply # 1

was that with installation

and thanks i think im fallin in love with this deck looks bad ass and has all the functions i want very identical to the pioneer deh-7000r

1999 GST

1997 RS

Moderatorsd_eclipseJan-07-02 03:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#1097, "RE: Receivers"
In response to Reply # 2

Can't deny it, the kenwood is a nice deck.
Have you looked at some of pioneers newer models? The deh-p7300 is right in your price range. Think its around the 350ish range might even be cheaper now. Has a nice list of features and an organic el display with all the lil animations.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/CarProducts/CarProductDetails/0,1429,1983,00.html

Tanqueray201Jan-07-02 05:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#1098, "RE: Receivers"
In response to Reply # 2

Including tax, but not installation. I ended up just putting it in myself.

I remember researching and finding that www.carmedia1.com has the cheapest price (right now $329 plus s&h). Haven't dealt with them personally, but I haven't heard major complaints. I ended up finding a reasonable price at a local shop, so I just bought it there along with an amp and wiring.

I was trying to decide between the Kenwood, an Alpine, and Pioneer, and looking at models in the $500 MSRP range. I remember liking how you can download custom images into the Pioneer face plate (I forget which model i was looking at). In the end, it was the Kenwood's motorized D-Mask face plate that won me over. When you shut off the deck, and don't pull out the face plate, it reverses to show a blank, black panel. Very cool!

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1996 Eagle Talon n/t(for sale!)
1998 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja

jZaJan-07-02 02:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#1099, "RE: Receivers"
In response to Reply # 4

with that kind of money I would get an eclipse deck, i'm pretty sure the ones in that range have 3 o/p.

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1094 Previous topic | Next topic