Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10932
View in linear mode

Subject: "power antena????'s" Previous topic | Next topic
scothernApr-23-05 03:04 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10932, "power antena????'s"

can the ant. mast be replace on a power ant. if the motor is still good?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: power antena????'s, a_miller_76, Apr-23-05 06:50 AM, #1
RE: power antena????'s, scothern, Apr-23-05 07:56 AM, #2
      RE: power antena????'s, a_miller_76, Apr-23-05 08:24 AM, #3
           RE: power antena????'s, cota472, Apr-23-05 08:38 AM, #4
                RE: power antena????'s, a_miller_76, Apr-23-05 09:15 AM, #5
                     RE: power antena????'s, MCubed45, Apr-23-05 09:26 AM, #6
                          RE: power antena????'s, scothern, Apr-23-05 02:41 PM, #7
                               RE: power antena????'s, a_miller_76, Apr-23-05 03:53 PM, #8
                                    RE: power antena????'s, scothern, Apr-25-05 08:15 AM, #9
                                         RE: power antena????'s, a_miller_76, Apr-25-05 08:39 AM, #10
                                              RE: power antena????'s, Sorry_i_Win, Apr-25-05 08:47 AM, #11
                                                   RE: power antena????'s, a_miller_76, Apr-25-05 09:20 AM, #12
                                                        RE: power antena????'s, scothern, Apr-25-05 10:27 AM, #13

a_miller_76Apr-23-05 06:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10933, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 0

Just put in a new one dude.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

scothernApr-23-05 07:56 AM
998 posts,
#10934, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 1

new mast or whole new unit?

99 Eclipse RS

a_miller_76Apr-23-05 08:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10935, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 2

new unit dude, as far as I know you can't change the mast

cota472Apr-23-05 08:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
827 posts,
#10936, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 3

you can get a new mast from satan they are like 50 bucks though, if you try to get the whole assembly it is like 300

a_miller_76Apr-23-05 09:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10937, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 4

You can get the whole damned thing from Metra at Circuit City for $49.95 and they are just as good.

MCubed45Apr-23-05 09:26 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#10938, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by a_miller_76
You can get the whole damned thing from Metra at Circuit City for $49.95 and they are just as good.

and once you get an aftermarket one i believe you can replace just the mast for fairly cheap. i went from the stock fixed antenna to an aftermarket power antenna that was about $50 or so. i forget what brand. it was a big name brand that was pretty much the standard though...

-marc

scothernApr-23-05 02:41 PM
998 posts,
#10939, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 6

so buying a stock with a broken mast is pointless?

99 Eclipse RS

a_miller_76Apr-23-05 03:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10940, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 7

Are you trying to put a power antenna in a RS? Lord if that's what you're after then get one from Metra. Dude type Metra Antenna into ebay and buy one for $45. I have one on my RS and all you need is to run the power antenna lead from your head unit and it's done. Power is already back there.

Don't fuck with stock shit, too expensive.

scothernApr-25-05 08:15 AM
998 posts,
#10946, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 8

I'm asking because I can buy a power ant. for $8 but it needs a mast.

99 Eclipse RS

a_miller_76Apr-25-05 08:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10947, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 9

Skip it and buy a brand new unniversal one. If the mast is busted who knows how long the motor has on it before it shits the bed too.

Sorry_i_WinApr-25-05 08:47 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#10948, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 10
Apr-25-05 08:48 AM by Sorry_i_Win

u'd think that i'd be a little biased since I'm the one selling it.. lol, but if you can get a new assembly for $50 and you can't buy the mast for cheap, go for a new one. ...or just pay me $8 (shipped mind you.. lol) because I'm a nice guy.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

a_miller_76Apr-25-05 09:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10949, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 11

Sorry, wasn't trying to bust up your sale bro, just trying to help out a 2gntr

scothernApr-25-05 10:27 AM
998 posts,
#10950, "RE: power antena????'s"
In response to Reply # 12

Yeah man, I just wanted to be sure before I bought it. Sorry man. No hard feelings?

99 Eclipse RS

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10932 Previous topic | Next topic