Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10913
View in linear mode

Subject: "freaking wiring harness!" Previous topic | Next topic
bustrblue2Apr-18-05 02:08 PM
Member since Aug 10th 2002
621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10913, "freaking wiring harness!"

i'm installing a new cd player, just a cheap pyle for now, but anyways. for some reason i'm having problems, when i installed the cd player into my eclipse i didn't have any problems, with this...i'am.

i have everything wired up, the speakers all are color coded and match, etc. well the dimmer (pos, and neg), illumination and power antenna wires have nothing to connect to. i can get the cd player to turn on and work, but no sound. if i take the amp wire and touch it to the 12volt power wire it'll have sound but the quality sucks badly. i need help!!!

here's some pics:
overview of the wiring harnesses, top one connects to the speakers, right one the power harness, and the left bottom one goes to the cd player.

power harness, the red one is the 12volt power, it is temp. disconnected.

my finger showing the blue amp turn on wire

again...please help!

Matt
a.k.a. bustrblue1
R.I.P '95 Eclipse GS
intake, exhaust, push button starter, painted interior, custom short shifter, and one shiny car!
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=230275
^ shows what happened to my baby

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: freaking wiring harness!, joeck76, Apr-18-05 02:40 PM, #1
RE: freaking wiring harness!, bustrblue2, Apr-18-05 02:44 PM, #2
      RE: freaking wiring harness!, a_miller_76, Apr-19-05 02:08 AM, #3
           RE: freaking wiring harness!, bustrblue2, Apr-19-05 04:40 AM, #4
                RE: freaking wiring harness!, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-19-05 08:59 PM, #5
                     RE: freaking wiring harness!, kain_99gs, Apr-20-05 10:30 PM, #6
                          RE: freaking wiring harness!, bustrblue2, Apr-21-05 04:47 AM, #7
                               RE: freaking wiring harness!, a_miller_76, Apr-21-05 05:35 AM, #8

joeck76Apr-18-05 02:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10914, "RE: freaking wiring harness!"
In response to Reply # 0

just went through this a while ago it was a pyle also for some reason the front and rear speakers were reverse what ours are not sure if that will help and not sure why that would affect you not having sound at all also if the sound really sux and you know that the speakers are good than you have a wire reversed somewhere if one is off it will affect the others too

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bustrblue2Apr-18-05 02:44 PM
621 posts,
#10915, "RE: freaking wiring harness!"
In response to Reply # 1

well everything is color coded and labeled. and i just checked about having something reversed, couldn't find one...rrr.

Matt
a.k.a. bustrblue1
R.I.P '95 Eclipse GS
intake, exhaust, push button starter, painted interior, custom short shifter, and one shiny car!

a_miller_76Apr-19-05 02:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10916, "RE: freaking wiring harness!"
In response to Reply # 2

First of all, crimps suck for quality. You should be soldering and shrink wrapping all connnectings. Secondly, all those wires you aren't using have bits exposed. You should always cut those off past the insulation cut and tape them off. You don't want them accidentally grounding out.

From looking at your connections, aside from what I mentioned, it looks like you have everything hooked up right. I'd say it's the CD Player dude. Pyle isn't known for it's quality bro.

bustrblue2Apr-19-05 04:40 AM
621 posts,
#10917, "RE: freaking wiring harness!"
In response to Reply # 3

i have QUICKLY learned that. pyle stands for pyle of sh*t. i'm going to wait until friday and make them install it. so i won't have any music until then...great. riding in silence.

Matt
a.k.a. bustrblue1
R.I.P '95 Eclipse GS

SPL_EclipseApr-19-05 08:59 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#10918, "RE: freaking wiring harness!"
In response to Reply # 4

from what i can tell (from memory), you are missing quite a few connections there. there should be two harnesses to connect to the stock female connectors, and they are not divided up simply as "power" and "signal". the larger harness should have more connections to it. also, it appears that you have a signal (speaker) wire grounded in the first two pictures. recheck your wiring and make SURE that it is accurate.

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Mitsubishi-Wiring.pdf

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

kain_99gsApr-20-05 10:30 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#10922, "RE: freaking wiring harness!"
In response to Reply # 5

i actually prefer to ride in silence sometimes. nothing buy me, the motor and the exhaust. it is a beautiful thing.

bustrblue2Apr-21-05 04:47 AM
621 posts,
#10923, "RE: freaking wiring harness!"
In response to Reply # 6

me too....sometimes, when you know you CANT it get to you, at least me.

Matt
a.k.a. bustrblue1
R.I.P '95 Eclipse GS

a_miller_76Apr-21-05 05:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10924, "RE: freaking wiring harness!"
In response to Reply # 7

I haven't had a radio for about 6 months now

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10913 Previous topic | Next topic