Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1090
View in linear mode

Subject: "Custom Speaker Box" Previous topic | Next topic
wickedtalonJan-04-02 12:33 PM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1090, "Custom Speaker Box"

I just wanted to get some more opinions on making a custom speaker box. I have a Rockford Fosgate Power 800 bridged pushing a 15" Kicker L7 Solo Baric and a RF 1 Farad capacitor holding the juice. I made a fiberglass box flush w/ the trunk that took up the whole spare tire well and it didn't sound good. How do you think I should set it up? I'm thinking about a ported box now since my sealed one didn't come out that good. I've always had good bass w/ ports in other boxes. Well.. I'll stop talking and hear from you.

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSJan-04-02 04:58 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1091, "RE: Custom Speaker Box"
In response to Reply # 0

If i remember corectly, the solobarics need a sealed box. Every sub usually requires a certain type of enclosure to sound good. Some subs will only sound good in sealed, some only in ported, ect...But when i used to compete in DB Drag competitions, i saw numerous people use the solobarics in ported boxes, so those subs may work with both, but for sound quality, use a sealed box, and check the spec sheat for the sub if you have one, or check out their web site for the specs to see how much airspace you need for that particular sub. If the sub is speced to have a sealed and you use a ported, chances are it will be louder, but only at certain frequencies. Its all how the sub is built to determine what kind of box to use. I do have a box building program on my computer if you need box building specs, just let me know. any Q's , just speak up.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorsd_eclipseJan-07-02 03:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#1092, "RE: Custom Speaker Box"
In response to Reply # 0

Here's a link to kickers site for the white papers on the solo-barics. I read through it a little and theres some good info as well as some recommended encolsure lay-outs. Take a peek.
http://www.kicker.com/images/manuals/Sl7boxwhitepaper1.pdf

jZaJan-07-02 02:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#1093, "RE: Custom Speaker Box"
In response to Reply # 2

maybe you don't have enugh airspace or too much airspace or you didn't use enought glass or you didn't seal good enought where the shell meets the baffle?
you can measure volume with water

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1090 Previous topic | Next topic