Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10893
View in linear mode

Subject: "General Speaker Installation Question" Previous topic | Next topic
jsupetranApr-13-05 07:41 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10893, "General Speaker Installation Question"

Hey this is for a 2001 pt cruiser. Anyway, I am going to install aftermarket speakers in the cruiser and I was wondering if the install process for just speakers is a bolt-on affair? Can I just remove the oem speakers and drop the aftermarket speakers in and call it a day? Thanks.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Silv BltApr-13-05 07:48 PM
Member since Apr 21st 2004
176 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10894, "RE: General Speaker Installation Question"
In response to Reply # 0

check out www.the12volt.com they should be able to help you out.

She's been sold My best friend bought her though, so she's still in good hands.

Daily driver: 1993 Nissan Altima
Rocketship: 1985 Honda VF1100S
Project car: 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VOTBLINDUBMay-05-05 08:40 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
#11020, "RE: General Speaker Installation Question"
In response to Reply # 0

it should be just a matter of taking out the bolts and unplugging the wires. if you go with the same size speaker there really should not be a problem with fitting new ones in

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10893 Previous topic | Next topic