Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1077
View in linear mode

Subject: "here's a question for you wirering wizards" Previous topic | Next topic
optimuspetersonJan-01-02 06:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1077, "here's a question for you wirering wizards"

well...i have the stock alarm/keyless entry. the only thing i hate about it is that i can't tell when i arm it (except for the blinking map lights). is there a way to either make the parking lights flash or horn beep? or something around that line? i thought about hooking the horn up to the lock wire,but i don't want the horn to honk when i'm just looking the doors while i'm driving. any suggestions?

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards, Twiste, Jan-02-02 07:34 AM, #1
RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-03-02 11:55 AM, #2
RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards, optimuspeterson, Jan-03-02 12:45 PM, #3
      RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-04-02 05:06 PM, #4
RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards, SpeedracerIndy, Jan-17-02 03:42 PM, #5
RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards, 96rs-t, Jan-12-09 03:47 PM, #6
      RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards, Notsafetuning, Mar-02-09 09:07 AM, #7

TwisteJan-02-02 07:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1078, "RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards"
In response to Reply # 0

go buy a better aftermarket alarm mang...its easier. Sorry, thats my opinion...if it aint broke...buy a better one to replace it.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSJan-03-02 11:55 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1079, "RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards"
In response to Reply # 0

If you push your arm button twice, does it honk the horn?? By maplights you mean the 2 lights up on the headliner and domelight??

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

optimuspetersonJan-03-02 12:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#1080, "RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards"
In response to Reply # 2

i got a sunroof so i just have the lights in the rearview mirror. and no the horn doesn't honk if i press it twice. is there a way to make it do that

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

TeamXtremeRSJan-04-02 05:06 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1081, "RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards"
In response to Reply # 3

Well there is a way to do it. You say that your rear view lights flash when you arm it? Well you can find the wire that is being powered that flashes that light, and you can use a relay to really do what ever you want, eg..parking lights or horn.. You would also have to use a diode to isolate that wire so whenever you turn on the lights on the rearview(only if you can do that), it doesn't turn on the parking lights or the horn or whichever you choose to do. Let me know, and i can come up with a wiring diagram for the relay and what exactly you want to use(parking lights or horn). I never realy noticed before, but i don't believe my RS has those lights on my rearview, otherwise I could let you know what color the wire is. Let me know whats up.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

SpeedracerIndyJan-17-02 03:42 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2002
81 posts,
#1082, "RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards"
In response to Reply # 0

If anyone is interested, I did get this to work on my car with factory keyless entry. I found the wire on the keyless entry receiver that fires the dome light relay and added a second relay (diode wouldn't work) to fire the park light relay. Now when I lock or unlock my doors, the dome lights (map lights in my case) flash AND the park light flash. It would be easy to honk the horn or flash the head lights too, but I chose to flash the park lights, less annoying. All together it cost me about $6 (and a lot of time to find the right wire).

96rs-tJan-12-09 03:47 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#13003, "RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by SpeedracerIndy
If anyone is interested, I did get this to work on my car with factory keyless entry. I found the wire on the keyless entry receiver that fires the dome light relay and added a second relay (diode wouldn't work) to fire the park light relay. Now when I lock or unlock my doors, the dome lights (map lights in my case) flash AND the park light flash. It would be easy to honk the horn or flash the head lights too, but I chose to flash the park lights, less annoying. All together it cost me about $6 (and a lot of time to find the right wire).

Bringing this back from the dead. I'm curious to know how this was done? I'd like to accomplish this on my 99 GS. Anyone? azdave?

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

NotsafetuningMar-02-09 09:07 AM
Member since Feb 09th 2009
21 posts,
#13006, "RE: here's a question for you wirering wizards"
In response to Reply # 6

You just have to find the status output(if it has one) on the stock keyless unit or again like he said, find a light source that comes on when you lock the car. Meter down that light source, use it as a switch on a relay circuit, and send voltage from the relay to the horn.

Notsafe Motorsports

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1077 Previous topic | Next topic