Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10613
View in threaded mode

Subject: "alarm problem" Previous topic | Next topic
RonaldinhoFeb-24-05 02:39 PM
Member since Sep 29th 2003
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10613, "alarm problem"

Just recently my battery died and so i recharged it and when i got charged the alarm stopped working. Its not the battery in the remote because i put a new one in. I think its a stock alarm, the brand on the remote is gargoyle. It has a red light thats usually on when its working right under the defrost button and now it doesnt even turn on. If anyone can help me please do so. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
skipdoggFeb-28-05 02:00 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2005
14 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10639, "RE: alarm problem"
In response to Reply # 0

It can't be a stock alarm if it says gargoyle..

Its a gargoyle alarm. Relatively inexpensive alarm that used to be sold through best buy and other cheaper shops.

Are you sure the alarm is dead?

Do you open the doors without disabling the alarm and nothing sounds?

How did you charge the battery? Did it fry the alarm?

Did you check the fuse that should be inline from the power souce to the alarm itself?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76Feb-28-05 02:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10640, "RE: alarm problem"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah if you have a visible LED then it's not a stock alarm. Of course, the word GARGOYLE should have given it away too.

I bet you popped a fuse, but it could also be a dead alarm since those are pretty much shit to begin with.

OnnoffplayerMar-01-05 05:53 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2005
93 posts,
#10648, "RE: alarm problem"
In response to Reply # 2

Have u tried reseting the alarm with the little button under the dash, should be one if its gargoyle.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10613 Previous topic | Next topic