Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1040
View in linear mode

Subject: "HELP....RATTLING!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Twobuf4uDec-21-01 02:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
285 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1040, "HELP....RATTLING!!!!"

O-k, I have 2 Kenwood 12's and a 300 watt amp. Not a very big system. i have 2 questions for you. First of all, it seems like everything in the whole car is rattling even at low volume. I have tried turning the box different ways and i put dynamat in spare tire well (cuz that seemed to be rattling hella bad). Is there anything that i can do? Second Question........I was thinkin about gettin another amp (used) off my friend...its 300 watts also. If i put a 300 watt amp on each sub. would it just make it louder or louder and deeper?

O-h and one last thing......are there any places that rattle in every car that can be fixed??

Black Sapphire '96 RS w/ Blitz Kit
AEM CAI,AFX UDP,Apexi N1 Exhaust,NGK BKR-5e11 Plugs,Magnecore Wires,Primax 496 17's w/ Falken Azenis Tires,Blue Interior Lights,Greddy Shifter Knob-Boot-Pedals, TYC Black Taillights

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!, mitsuman, Dec-21-01 02:24 PM, #1
RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!, Twobuf4u, Dec-21-01 02:32 PM, #2
      RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!, CVedEclipse, Dec-21-01 10:55 PM, #3
      RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!, Twobuf4u, Dec-22-01 02:48 AM, #4
           RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!, TeamXtremeRS, Dec-22-01 07:43 AM, #5
      RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!, mitsuman, Dec-23-01 09:03 AM, #6
           RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!, Twiste, Jan-01-02 08:51 AM, #7

mitsumanDec-21-01 02:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1041, "RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

well i found that once i took out the thing that holds the spare tire off it didnt rattle nearly as much. and i ttok the tire out. b4 i was done i cleaned it all out, all the lil nickles pannys whatever is down there clean it up. good luck.

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Performance:
1. AEM cold air intake
1. NGK plugs

Ride:
1. motegi mr7 17'' wrapped in yokohama A550v 235/45/17

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn amp

In room:
1. blitz front end(thnx 2 eclipse804)
2. H&R sport springs(thnx 2 eclipse804)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list... but a boy can dream

coming very soon:
1. CF hood

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Twobuf4uDec-21-01 02:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
285 posts,
#1042, "RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Yea when i was putting that dynamat back there i found all kinda of ish back there.......did you leave the spare out after u got done cleaning back there??

AEM CAI,AFX UDP,Apexi N1 Exhaust,NGK BKR-5e11 Plugs,Magnecore Wires,Primax 496 17's w/ Falken Azenis Tires,Blue Interior Lights,Greddy Shifter Knob-Boot-Pedals, TYC Black Taillights

CVedEclipseDec-21-01 10:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#1043, "RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

well.. for the rattling.. my whole rear end rattles like hell. i think one of the key places in our cars is around the tailights and licsense plate area (maybe just mine). just turn your shit up loud, go outside and listen for what rattles. besides.. the more dynamat, the more fun! haha. jk. and for the other question.. im sure that if you add another amp, it will increase in volume, but deepness, that would have to depend on the amp. dont know too much about running two subs of two different amps.. even though they both may say "300 watts", im sure that they are not the same.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Twobuf4uDec-22-01 02:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
285 posts,
#1044, "RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Yea i figured that they might be a lil different but would that really make a difference?............Also What do you all think about that spray on crap that is susposed to stop rattles? I have heard it doesnt work on metal but it helps on the plastic panles. Is that true?

TeamXtremeRSDec-22-01 07:43 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1045, "RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

You really shouldn't use 2 different amps for 2 of the same subs. What kind of box do you have? Are the 2 subs in the same airspace or are they sealed from one another? If the subs are sealed from eachother, then you could use a differnt amp, but i personally wouldnt do it. If the subs are sharing the same airspace, then def don't do it, because it will be extremly difficult to match the power output of each amp. As for the spray on stuff, i hear good and bad from people. From what i know, it does help some, esp in hard to reach places like inside the door, or anywhere you can't put the dyno mat. I would use the dynomat for the flat panels, and the spray for the places the mat doesn't reach.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

mitsumanDec-23-01 09:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#1046, "RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

>Yea when i was putting that dynamat back there i found all
>kinda of ish back there.......did you leave the spare out
>after u got done cleaning back there??

yea i took out the spare. left it in the backyard

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Performance:
1. AEM cold air intake
1. NGK plugs

Ride:
1. motegi mr7 17'' wrapped
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

In room:
1. blitz front end(thnx 2
eclipse804)
2. H&R sport springs(thnx 2
eclipse804)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list... but a
boy can dream

coming very soon:
1. CF hood

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

TwisteJan-01-02 08:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#1047, "RE: HELP....RATTLING!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

if u put the amps dedicated to eache sub it wouldnt make it louder or deeper but more clear. There wouldnt be much distortion. But before u do that make sure that you know the maximum amount of watts ur subs can run because those amps are probably 300 X 2 channel meaning ur giving each sub 300 watts right now but if u just hooked one up you could be giving it 600...Im pretty sure ur subs can handle 600 though. O and ur not the only one with a rattling back end. I had a little crack in my center taillight section and my subs make it crack from 1 in. to about 5 . My license plate rattles also.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1040 Previous topic | Next topic