Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10334
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Components install" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
satal95Jan-20-05 04:36 PM
Member since Aug 04th 2003
351 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10334, "Components install"

Well I just bought some Quantum Audio 6.5 components. Now the thing is i don't know where to actually install the tweeter for the best sound possible. So anyone with components can u help me on where to install them, pics would be appreciated. Also where would be the best place to install the crossover?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Dont_need_8Jan-20-05 07:07 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2002
197 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10335, "RE: Components install"
In response to Reply # 0

The best way to find out is to wire them up so that you can move the tweeter around and temporarily place it in different spots until you are happy (tape them or whatever to hold in place and listen).

I have my tweeters on the door panel next to, in front of, my mid ranges. Since they are an off-axis design I could place them there and still have a decent stage.

AEM CAI, AFX Underdrive Pulley, Greddy Header, Tsudo N1 2.5 stainless catback, Homemade groundwire kit
17" Fondmetal 6500, Tokico Illuminas, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Front Upper Strut Bar, Baer Track System, Drum to Disc, RMDSM Anti-sway bars front and rear.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76Jan-21-05 02:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10337, "RE: Components install"
In response to Reply # 1

Best rule of thumb is within 6" of the midrange driver or beyond 18" from the driver. I put mine between the door vents and the door handle bezels and they were fucking AWESOME.

BumpinTalonJan-21-05 06:14 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#10338, "RE: Components install"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Best rule of thumb is within 6" of the midrange driver or beyond 18" from the driver. I put mine between the door vents and the door handle bezels and they were fucking AWESOME.

x2 I put mine there on his advice and they sound bitchin. look cool too.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

CrazyEclipseJan-21-05 06:49 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#10339, "RE: Components install"
In response to Reply # 3

2 years ago I had mine mounted on the inside of the side mirrors. I never took any pics tho, never thought I would change it. If the crossover is small enought, it can fit behind your door, next to the pocket.

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

a_miller_76Jan-21-05 06:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10340, "RE: Components install"
In response to Reply # 4

Crossovers should always be mounted inside the vehicle, never inside the door. I learned that the hard way.

Moderatorsd_eclipseJan-21-05 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#10341, "RE: Components install"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by CrazyEclipse
2 years ago I had mine mounted on the inside of the side mirrors. I never took any pics tho, never thought I would change it. If the crossover is small enought, it can fit behind your door, next to the pocket.

I had mine mounted in the same spot. Mounted on that little triagle piece of plastic you would pop off to get the the nuts to remove the side mirrors

BumpinTalonJan-21-05 09:13 AM
2381 posts,
#10342, "RE: Components install"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Crossovers should always be mounted inside the vehicle, never inside the door. I learned that the hard way.

i've got mine on the inside of my door panels, on top of that big box thing that reinforces the bottom, and they've been there for four months with no sign of corrosion or anything. i took them out and checked them two days ago just to make sure. i don't think it's that big of a deal as long as those plastic sheets inside the door are still intact... but I'm still going to move them next time it gets warm.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

satal95Jan-21-05 11:36 AM
Member since Aug 04th 2003
351 posts,
#10343, "RE: Components install"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-21-05 11:36 AM by satal95

Thanks for the advise and more than likely i will install them between the vent and the door handle also. just one more question where exactly would be the best place to install the crossover in the car?

BumpinTalonJan-21-05 02:36 PM
2381 posts,
#10344, "RE: Components install"
In response to Reply # 8

somewhere under the dash if you are using deck power, or in the trunk somewhere if you have an external amp. those are the easiest places, anyway. use big ass zip ties to feed the wires through to your door.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Moderatorsd_eclipseJan-24-05 08:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#10346, "RE: Components install"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by satal95
Thanks for the advise and more than likely i will install them between the vent and the door handle also. just one more question where exactly would be the best place to install the crossover in the car?

Well, I have mine mounted inside the kick panels on both the driver and passenger side. Bit of a pain in the ass to do might I add. I feed the speaker wires through the black rubber tubing going from the cabin to the door. To get the wires to route that way I had to undo the connecter and drill a couple of holes in the plastic to make openings for the speaker lines to run through. I might have some pictures at home, I'll have to check.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10334 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic