Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9160
View in linear mode

Subject: "who else uses the window antenna?" Previous topic | Next topic
cota472May-28-04 03:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
827 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9160, "who else uses the window antenna?"

my power antenna has been broken since i bought the car and my radio only gets 3 stations, so in doing a little research i found out about the antenna in the back window. last night i pulled apart the interior of my car and traced the wire that was attached and found the the plug was different then the plug on my radio, so i went to a car audio place to get an adapter and for 7 bucks he hooked it up and now my radio gets just about every station in the area. next is to have the hole filled from the power antenna. very much worth the money.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: who else uses the window antenna?, Malenko, May-28-04 11:37 PM, #1
RE: who else uses the window antenna?, cota472, May-29-04 10:29 AM, #2
RE: who else uses the window antenna?, SPL_Eclipse, May-29-04 10:42 AM, #3
RE: who else uses the window antenna?, Pushin420a, May-29-04 11:25 AM, #4
      RE: who else uses the window antenna?, Pitchblack98, May-29-04 12:12 PM, #5
      RE: who else uses the window antenna?, Malenko, May-29-04 11:57 PM, #6
           RE: who else uses the window antenna?, Pushin420a, May-30-04 12:22 AM, #7
                RE: who else uses the window antenna?, DrDrake03, May-30-04 07:05 AM, #8
                     RE: who else uses the window antenna?, EclipseTenzoR, May-30-04 08:18 AM, #9
                          RE: who else uses the window antenna?, cota472, May-30-04 10:15 AM, #10
                               RE: who else uses the window antenna?, EclipseTenzoR, May-30-04 04:17 PM, #11
                                    RE: who else uses the window antenna?, Blk95GS, May-30-04 06:00 PM, #12
                                         RE: who else uses the window antenna?, jamsx1, Jun-14-04 05:19 AM, #13
                                              RE: who else uses the window antenna?, EclipseTenzoR, Jun-14-04 12:19 PM, #14

MalenkoMay-28-04 11:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9161, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 0

pushin420A doesnt believe me it exists.

I send him pix and eveything, maybe now he'll believe me.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cota472May-29-04 10:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
827 posts,
#9164, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 1

not all models have it, i was looking at a 97 RS yesterday and it did not have it.

SPL_EclipseMay-29-04 10:42 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#9165, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 2

i didnt have it on my eclipse, but i had the wire (they grey one, right?) from the factory. i never knew what that was until now, lol.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Pushin420aMay-29-04 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
#9166, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Malenko
pushin420A doesnt believe me it exists. I send him pix and eveything, maybe now he'll believe me.

YOur fucken dumb.....Nuff Said

~Lee

"CHECK OUT THE NEW CARBON KNIGHT AUTO"
still under construction
http://hometown.aol.com/pushin420a/index.html

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***
Afx/Race computer, V2CAI, 60MM TB, P&P intake, Cam Gears, Exhaust
Tein Drop springs, Tokico 5-way adjustables.

***Mods to come***
Crane Cams,UDP,full greddy exhaust,headers

Lots of Show!!

Pitchblack98May-29-04 12:12 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#9167, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 4

lol i have it too and i get radio stations better with it then i do with my power antenna...

MalenkoMay-29-04 11:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#9174, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Pushin420a
Originally posted by Malenko pushin420A doesnt believe me it exists. I send him pix and eveything, maybe now he'll believe me.

whatsa mattah baby, dontcha love me no more?

Im not fuckin dumb, I knew the shit was there, I got stuck in traffic for 3 hours in Baltimore so I read my owners manual cover to cover =)

Pushin420aMay-30-04 12:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
#9175, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Malenko
Originally posted by Pushin420a
Originally posted by Malenko pushin420A doesnt believe me it exists. I send him pix and eveything, maybe now he'll believe me.
whatsa mattah baby, dontcha love me no more? Im not fuckin dumb, I knew the shit was there, I got stuck in traffic for 3 hours in Baltimore so I read my owners manual cover to cover =)

I told you the day I found it, and anyhow thats old news. I havn't hooked it up yet to this day I still need the adapter...

~Lee

"CHECK OUT THE NEW CARBON KNIGHT AUTO"
still under construction
http://hometown.aol.com/pushin420a/index.html

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***
Afx/Race computer, V2CAI, 60MM TB, P&P intake, Cam Gears, Exhaust
Tein Drop springs, Tokico 5-way adjustables.

***Mods to come***
Crane Cams,UDP,full greddy exhaust,headers

Lots of Show!!

DrDrake03May-30-04 07:05 AM
Member since Apr 15th 2004
9 posts,
#9180, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 7

Where don the car is the wire? where does it run starting at the window?

EclipseTenzoRMay-30-04 08:18 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#9181, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 8

Where can you get the antennae adapter?

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

cota472May-30-04 10:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
827 posts,
#9183, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 9

th wire runs from the top passenger side of the rear window to the floor just behind the door then across the floorboard to the area behing the radio. i was told you can buy an adapter at radio shack but the one i went to didnt carry them anymore, but told me to try any car audio place as the will have them to connect different stereos. i paid 7 something for mine, it about 8 inches in legnth has the small plug on one end and the larger on on the other.

EclipseTenzoRMay-30-04 04:17 PM
2386 posts,
#9185, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 10

Ok.. I went to pepboys and got the adapter hooked it up.. Now sometimes the radio comes in clear and other times it doesnt. Could my tint be messing it up? Also how do those signal boosters work? anyone know what im talking about?

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

Blk95GSMay-30-04 06:00 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
#9186, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 11

i got the adapter from radio shack about a year ago and hooked mine up, but it proved to be less effective than the solid one (no power antenna). hell of a lot better than no antenna at all, but mine remains unhooked.

Travis

jamsx1Jun-14-04 05:19 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2004
71 posts,
#9277, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 12

does anybody got any pics of this?

EclipseTenzoRJun-14-04 12:19 PM
2386 posts,
#9284, "RE: who else uses the window antenna?"
In response to Reply # 13

Its just a little pattern of etching on your rear hatch.. I'd take a pic but my car is tinted so it wont show up good. Sorta looks like the window defroster lines but in a special patern

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9160 Previous topic | Next topic