Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7923
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
pearlwhite2gntJan-01-04 03:57 PM
Member since Feb 11th 2002
209 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7923, "Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."

I did it over the period of four months and let me say carbon fiber is tough to lay. But I think that It came out great.

03 350Z
19"Volk GT-S, Greddy Twin Turbo, Greddy Exhaust
96 GS MT
S16g, Portfueler
Howell 2.2 Stroker

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
MitzClipz22Jan-02-04 02:49 AM
Member since Aug 17th 2003
246 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7927, "RE: Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."
In response to Reply # 0

That looks bad ass!!!! VERY nice jo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FarOutKuckiJan-02-04 06:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2719 posts,
#7928, "RE: Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."
In response to Reply # 1

i like it!

BCIEclipseJan-02-04 09:07 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
592 posts,
#7929, "RE: Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."
In response to Reply # 2

That looks hot. Yes, Carbon is hard to work with. I'm doing my install is CF also, i'll be posting pics soon. Did you use a mold, or just lay-up the CF over fiberglass or something. And also, what type of resin did you use? Love how CF looks, major props on the install Good job

SPL_EclipseJan-04-04 03:58 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#7936, "RE: Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."
In response to Reply # 3

NIIIICE!!!!

i fucking hate working w/ carbon fiber, lol. im interested to know how you constructed the amp rack, it looks like fiberglass streched over a woooden frame, but the angles dont look easy. anyway, good work, andn good choice in the IDs...those are amazing subs.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

iamnotwhoiamJan-05-04 09:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#7942, "RE: Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."
In response to Reply # 4

nice work... mmmm PG amps... yummy...

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

pearlwhite2gntJan-05-04 06:17 PM
209 posts,
#7943, "RE: Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."
In response to Reply # 5

yeah the carbon is tricky. As for the resin I used epoxy resin. It drys clear and is very sticky and thick. For laying the carbon I built it making a frame and stretching grill cloth over it then using fiberglass resin to harden. Then layer fiberglass over it. Used Duraglass to smoothen it out then laid the carbon over it. As for the amp rack I built the perimiter out of mdf thenthe ring around the ampsand temporaraly fastened it then did the same thing as above with the grillcloth and fiberglass. Then Just vinyled it. The carbon ring around the amp is removeable to get the amps out without disassembling the whole set up. It is just pressed in. Kind of a pressure fit.

03 350Z
96 GS MT
S16g, Portfueler
Howell 2.2 Stroker

bulloxJan-06-04 01:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#7945, "RE: Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."
In response to Reply # 6

i don't normally like kits, but your car is hot imo

Originally posted by Z87RSMan
the Mustang is an American icon...I have one because it sounds great

pearlwhite2gntJan-07-04 04:35 PM
209 posts,
#7953, "RE: Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."
In response to Reply # 7

Thanks

03 350Z
96 GS MT
S16g, Portfueler
Howell 2.2 Stroker

UberingramJan-07-04 05:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#7954, "RE: Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."
In response to Reply # 8

Damn sexy imo. You're car is so fucking nice I get a boner everytime i see it. Can i meet you so that i can have sex with your car?

RSClipse9d7Jan-09-04 06:29 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#7965, "RE: Just thought that I might post some pics of the stereo install I did."
In response to Reply # 9

Very nice. You could make a couple $ selling something like that on here.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7923 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic