Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #759
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any regrets on your expensive system?" Previous topic | Next topic
CVedEclipseNov-22-01 01:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#759, "Poll question: Any regrets on your expensive system?"

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Poll result (0 votes)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
sorry for yet another poll..., CVedEclipse, Nov-22-01 01:45 AM, #1
RE: sorry for yet another poll..., eclipticrider, Nov-22-01 08:41 AM, #2
RE: sorry for yet another poll..., weepul, Dec-03-01 07:03 PM, #12
No Regrets, Super20G, Nov-23-01 01:44 PM, #3
RE: No Regrets, koolade9, Nov-23-01 04:56 PM, #4
      RE: No Regrets, jZa, Nov-25-01 12:40 PM, #5
           RE: No Regrets, daved, Nov-25-01 06:10 PM, #6
                RE: No Regrets, CVedEclipse, Nov-25-01 08:04 PM, #7
                     RE: No Regrets, Logic3, Nov-26-01 03:45 AM, #8
                          RE: No Regrets, Super20G, Nov-28-01 04:13 AM, #9
                               RE: No Regrets, evan2, Nov-28-01 05:51 AM, #10
                                    RE: No Regrets, LoudEclipse, Nov-28-01 07:38 AM, #11
                                         RE: No Regrets, mitsuman, Dec-04-01 04:47 PM, #13
                                              RE: No Regrets, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Dec-05-01 03:04 AM, #14
                                                   RE: No Regrets, cyan, Dec-06-01 02:44 AM, #15
                                                        RE: No Regrets, xzolian, Dec-06-01 01:50 PM, #16
                                                             RE: No Regrets, toykilla, Dec-06-01 09:11 PM, #17
                                                                  RE: No Regrets, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Dec-08-01 07:02 AM, #18
                                                                       RE: No Regrets, mitsuman, Dec-09-01 06:31 AM, #19
                                                                            RE: No Regrets, LoudEclipse, Dec-09-01 07:16 AM, #20
                                                                                 RE: No Regrets, jasonhko, Mar-21-02 08:54 PM, #21
                                                                                      RE: No Regrets, dudasd, Mar-24-02 06:15 AM, #22
                                                                                      RE: No Regrets, SpoolingTurbo, Mar-29-02 05:30 PM, #23

CVedEclipseNov-22-01 01:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#760, "sorry for yet another poll..."
In response to Reply # 0

but the audio section was laggin a bit, maybe because of the holiday break (Happy Thanksgiving BTW). anyways, i (as well as many others) have spent grip of money on my system, and if i had decided to not get heart stopping bass with ear-piercing highs.. i could have been boosting some nice psi by now. are there any of you that regret not getting "psssssssssh" instead of ((BOOOOOM)). any thoughts? its 6:40AM and im bored out of my ass.

^^what once was^^

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipticriderNov-22-01 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#761, "RE: sorry for yet another poll..."
In response to Reply # 1

the only regret i have is that it isn't loud enough

mods:
full exhause
cai
sparkplugs
platnum plus window tint
all black interior
altezas

future mods(in no particular order):
engine swap
lower it
wheels
seats
exhaust
piant job
turbo wing
hood
body kit
neons all around
head light housing
new altezas (black chrome or what ever)
new stero equipment
and more that will be kept secret for now

weepulDec-03-01 07:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
210 posts,
#762, "RE: sorry for yet another poll..."
In response to Reply # 1

I've only spent maybe $1k in my setup cause I got hooked up phat, but I love it and with the money, would have definately gotten it before boost. I love being able to turn it up really loud and hear the clarity in the highs and midrange, and not have the bass bottom out but hit harder. Definately worth the money, and I think girls like it more ;P I've got one of those setups that plays just about any kind of music like it was meant to be heard ;D No regrets here. Hell, I'm thinking about adding $500 or so for NOS soon anyway.

Super20GNov-23-01 01:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#763, "No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 0

Nah, no regrets... I have to have some phat tunes pumpin when I'm racing, or if i'm really serious and moneys on the line, I turn it off. But no regrets, a nice stereo is well worth it if you know what your doing...

koolade9Nov-23-01 04:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#764, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 3

I spend alot of time on the highway, so ya gotta have music, I also use it as a demo car to get people psyched on buying some new equipment. It's fun to goto shows too. I really can't have a system, in the line of work I'm in.

I'll be boosting by spring anyway so it's all goo

jZaNov-25-01 12:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#765, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 4

i started off as strictly stereo, cuase i was young and couldn't really handle much power anyway, now i kinda wish i could have saved some of that money for other thing and i would have still had a really good (for me) system nevertheless, but i don't really regret it though, just keep collecting credit cards

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

davedNov-25-01 06:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
665 posts,
#766, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 5

I Regret installing one. I can't hardly even play mine anymore, everytime I turn that bitch on I get pulled over. I have so many fuckin noise violation tickets you all would shit your pants (but I am sure there are people out there with more, but I can't fuckin afford this shit maybe you all can). Let's say in the area of 15+ noise violation tickets. Let's see thats 50 * 15 = $750 that I know I could of found something better to do with that money than send it to the state.

1999 Eclipse RS (all show)
1990 Turbo Eclipse (race)

CVedEclipseNov-25-01 08:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#767, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 6

where do you live? i got a nice noise violation in santa monica, ca and that bitch was 267 buck!! i hate cali regulations!!! and if you have that many, why not just turn it down a little? just a little. hehe

^^what once was^^

Logic3Nov-26-01 03:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#768, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 7

My system isn't fancy by any means. Just your basic "threw it in there to make it a little louder" system. The only thing I don't like is the weight! Its to damn heavy!

Super20GNov-28-01 04:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
#769, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 8

Don't talk about heavy until you and 3 other guys try lifting out my fiberglass box out of my trunk... I am re-doing all of that this year to get the weight down considerably.

evan2Nov-28-01 05:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
#770, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 9

well im going to put this out in the open.. could be wrong.. wouldnt a 200lb box in the back of a fWD car help the 50/50 out.. since we are like 63/37 or something.. near that.. i know added weight is bad but u can take other things out to lighten up the front.. i m working on my system now.. hey man if you dont want ur heavy ass fiberglass enclousure ill sure as hell take it so i dont have to go and build mine.. im lazy and have lil time..

I love dino and 2gnt. ####ers (my word) bliz stole it but i let him borrow it

LoudEclipseNov-28-01 07:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#771, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 10

============================================================

wo0t!
============================================================
I have no regrets at all

wo0t

mitsumanDec-04-01 04:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#772, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 11

i def regret all of it. i could have bout a turbo with the money i spent on my car. rims+tires+system=turbo and everything else id need. plus a lil extra cash. if i would have none this ish back in the day i would have spent it defferently. o well at least i lik what i got. if your new and have some money or want to save money for looks, dont do it unless you only want looks if you want both id go with perf first. dont learn the hard way like i did. unless you got the money to go round.

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman
AEM cold air intake
NGK plugs
custom grill
motegi mr7 17''
yokohama A550v 235/45/17
sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2 10'' audiobahn subs and
audiobahn amp

Wanted:
1. Star stage II(possibly the NER kit now)
2. lots more crap

coming very soon:
1. CF hood!! yyeeaa
2. undecided front end

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Dec-05-01 03:04 AM

#773, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 13

yes. that it never got stolen.

cyanDec-06-01 02:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#774, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 14

hmm, lets see, my first system that costed $800 got stolen...hmm...oh yea, i ripped off the insurance company for $2800...and yeah, blew it all plus $200 on the replacement system and therefore, have no regrets. (hey, insurance makes a living ripping me off, arent i entitled).
well one regret is that with an expensive system, when 3 JL 12W6's blow out after 2 years, you gotta spend $750 replacing them, whereas i could have replaced my old kicker competitions for like $300. and when my amps finally die, they will cost a lot to replace as well.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

xzolianDec-06-01 01:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
49 posts,
#775, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 15

do you have to tell your insurance company when you install a new audio system? if my system gets jacked the insurance company will pay for it?

Xzolian
x5z5o5l@earthlink.net (remove the fives to send me an email)

1996 Eclipse RS
not that many.....

toykillaDec-06-01 09:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#776, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 16

>do you have to tell your insurance company when you install
>a new audio system? if my system gets jacked the insurance
>company will pay for it?

It depends on how your insurence company works. Most insurence companies consider an aftermarket stereo factory IF (a big IF) it can be proven that it was bolted down to the frame. Other insurence companies make you pay extra in your payments to cover a certain amount. I actually switched my insurence company just because of that fact. I know progressive will make you pay more (who I had) and Nationwide doesnt care. "If its bolted down, its covered". That is what my agent told me!!! Do your research. Nationwide actually covers my turbocharger as well and any other aftermarket part on my car because if its bolted its covered. I have to prove it was bolted down though but thats what pictures are for.

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Dec-08-01 07:02 AM

#777, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 17

my shit WAS bolted down. but wif no reciepts. most o dat shit i had for 3 yrs now, or longer...

mitsumanDec-09-01 06:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#778, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 18

well i can prove that my shit is bolted down. soooo.... who wants to break into my car and take it(give it back later) then make me some fake reciepts?? i can make some mona off this. mmuuahahahahaha

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman
AEM cold air intake
NGK plugs
custom grill
motegi mr7 17''
yokohama A550v 235/45/17
sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2 10'' audiobahn subs and
audiobahn amp

Wanted:
1. Star stage II(possibly the
NER kit now)
2. lots more crap

coming very soon:
1. CF hood
2. blitz front end
3. H&R race springs

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

LoudEclipseDec-09-01 07:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#779, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 19

wo0t!
man, i dun want my shiet stolen, too much of a hassle

jasonhkoMar-21-02 08:54 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2002
229 posts,
#780, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 20

nope.. no regrets at all.. only problem I got now is figuring out if I wanna spend more on my system or put in a turbo.. got the cash saved up for either.. but now both.. =(
oh wells.

dudasdMar-24-02 06:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#781, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 21

Don't regret spening a dime on anything I do with the car. You gotta play the give or take game sometimes. ONly thing that pisses me off about the whole tix for noise pollution thng is the one and only time i got snagged by the cops(they gave me a warning thankfully) was that as they are talking to me this damn stupid Harley comes rumbling by way louder than I had my stereo. Wish they would ever gives those assholes a ticket for moise pollution but I doubt i'll ever see that happen.

SpoolingTurboMar-29-02 05:30 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2002
120 posts,
#782, "RE: No Regrets"
In response to Reply # 21

>nope.. no regrets at all.. only problem I got now is
>figuring out if I wanna spend more on my system or put in a
>turbo.. got the cash saved up for either.. but now both..
>=(
>oh wells.

-Leon

TURBO!

-Leon

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #759 Previous topic | Next topic