Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7545
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bridging Question, plz help a newb." Previous topic | Next topic
inactive user iconAsianSensation (Inactive User)Nov-03-03 07:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
posts,
#7545, "Bridging Question, plz help a newb."

http://www.onlineshowoff.com/services/forum/message.asp?cid=24&tid=15330

Plz go to this link to see my post and please help if you can.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

808dsmtunerNov-04-03 05:02 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2002
665 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7548, "RE: Bridging Question, plz help a newb."
In response to Reply # 0

just bridge the amp to the sub

your sub is a 4ohm stable sub

whoever told you that svc are only 2ohm is giving you a bunch of bs and should be slapped across the face and called sally from now on

hawaii boy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76Nov-04-03 05:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7549, "RE: Bridging Question, plz help a newb."
In response to Reply # 1

Okay, check the specs on your sub. If it's a 4ohm sub you're fine. If it's a 2 ohm sub you're not....IF...that cobalt amp is not 2ohm bridged stable, which I think it is.

I think the confusion is that if you don't have a 2ohm stable bridged amp then you can't put two 4ohm subs on it. But orions are good amps man, they should handle it.

Pitchblack98Nov-04-03 05:45 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#7555, "RE: Bridging Question, plz help a newb."
In response to Reply # 2

you will be fine putting one 4 ohm sub on that amp. cobalt amps are stable bridged at 2 ohms. but they will go into protect mode all the time. They will overheat. only the hcca amps are good bridged to 1 or 2 ohms. Ive only used orion amps since ive been in car audio. so youll be good to go.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7545 Previous topic | Next topic