Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7186
View in linear mode

Subject: "Another alarm question....a little help needed" Previous topic | Next topic
lickscissorsSep-17-03 02:56 PM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7186, "Another alarm question....a little help needed"

well im almost done installing my alarm...i got the alarm part working, but i cant figure out the keyless entry.....i have a DEI Rattler and i cant figure out how to get the door locks to work..... i know i need the brown wire and brown wire with white stripe...but the installation book gives me a whole bunch of lock systems to choose from....i cant figure out which one to use or what other wire i need to hook up..... can somebody just let me know which wires from the keyless entry harness goes where? thanks

screw flanders

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-17-03 03:04 PM, #1
RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed, lickscissors, Sep-17-03 03:09 PM, #2
      RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-17-03 03:12 PM, #3
           RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-17-03 03:20 PM, #4
                RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed, lickscissors, Sep-17-03 04:42 PM, #5
                     RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed, lickscissors, Sep-18-03 11:31 AM, #6
                          RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-18-03 11:52 AM, #7

TeamXtremeRSSep-17-03 03:04 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7187, "RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-17-03 03:10 PM by XtremeRS

Several places to find the wires. You can find them behind the glove box in a thick wire harness. On the DEI system, you should have a 2 pin harness plugged into the brain. The light green wire is you lock wire(-), and the blue wire is your unlock wire(-). Our locks are negative pulse, relay controlled locks. Meaning our cars use relays to lock and unlock, and you are just activating the stock relays using negative pulses to the 2 stock wires from the DEI brain. Very simple to hook up. brown wire=lock-goes to DEI green wire. brown/white wire is unlock-goes to blue wire of DEI. I install DEI stuff everyday, so let me know if any more Q's

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

lickscissorsSep-17-03 03:09 PM
1206 posts,
#7188, "RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed"
In response to Reply # 1

i think i tried that....i checked the voltage on the brown wires and they both showed 12v when connected to ground..... so let me get this straight....mine says green/black goes to lock wire (brown) and blue/black goes to unlock (brown/white) and the purple wire goes to the ground?...nothing else is connected right? thanks

screw flanders

TeamXtremeRSSep-17-03 03:12 PM
6329 posts,
#7189, "RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed"
In response to Reply # 2

>i think i tried that....i checked the voltage on the brown
>wires and they both showed 12v when connected to ground.....
>so let me get this straight....mine says green/black goes to
>lock wire (brown) and blue/black goes to unlock (brown/white)
>and the purple wire goes to the ground?...nothing else is
>connected right? thanks
>
>screw flanders

Ok wait a second. Are your lock/unlock wires from the DEI unit in a white, 2 pin harness, plugged into the brain? OR, do you have 5 lock/unlock wires all toghether from teh brain? Purple, white/black, brown/black, blue/black, and green/black?

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

TeamXtremeRSSep-17-03 03:20 PM
6329 posts,
#7190, "RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed"
In response to Reply # 3

Ok, yeah, if thats what you have, the purple/black goes to ground, and green/black goes to the car's brown, and blue/black goes to the car's brown/white. No other wires needed

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

lickscissorsSep-17-03 04:42 PM
1206 posts,
#7191, "RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah, its the 5 pin...but i think my "brain" is screwd up...it seems like the relays are sticking.... im going to return it and get a new one....everything is hooked up correctly

screw flanders

lickscissorsSep-18-03 11:31 AM
1206 posts,
#7194, "RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed"
In response to Reply # 5

ok...i just got a new brain and i dont want to screw this one up..... i dont see how if i connnect the brown wires up to the lock, unlock wires how it will work....the brown, and brown/white shows 12v and i dont see how its going to work.....wont it just short out if i connect anything related to the ground? just double checking this before i do anything....thanks

TeamXtremeRSSep-18-03 11:52 AM
6329 posts,
#7195, "RE: Another alarm question....a little help needed"
In response to Reply # 6

You are seeing 12volts because thats the other side of the stock relay coil's. When you send a ground to these wires, the relays see the needed ground to make them activate, and that works your locks. If you have a simple 12v test light, you can test the stock wires. Just clip the test light's lead to ground, and probe the brown and brown/white wires. That should make the locks work. If you are using a voltmeter, prob the wire agian, and hit the lock or unlock switch on the door. You should see the 12v go to ground(if you have your red lead of your meter on 12v, and your neg lead on the lock/unlock wire when you hit the switch)

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7186 Previous topic | Next topic