Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #592
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anchoring your sub box?" Previous topic | Next topic
GrashperNov-07-01 05:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#592, "Anchoring your sub box?"

I just hooked up my system finally. I was wondering how you guys anchored down your sub box? I got a 2x10 box that slides all over the place. Need some suggestions please thanks.

Mod List:
-NGK BKR5E-11 Plugs
-Magnecore 8.5 Wires
-AEM CAI(thanx to endless73)
-GS-T Muffler
-Upper Front Strut Bar
-Custom Short Shifter!

no more 420A

only 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Anchoring your sub box?, iamnotwhoiam, Nov-07-01 06:01 AM, #1
RE: Anchoring your sub box?, koolade9, Nov-07-01 06:05 AM, #2
RE: Anchoring your sub box?, Grashper, Nov-07-01 07:27 AM, #3
      RE: Anchoring your sub box?, iamnotwhoiam, Nov-07-01 01:16 PM, #4
           RE: Anchoring your sub box?, Grashper, Nov-07-01 02:41 PM, #5
                RE: Anchoring your sub box?, iamnotwhoiam, Nov-08-01 02:52 AM, #6
RE: Anchoring your sub box?, iamnotwhoiam, Nov-15-01 02:28 PM, #7
RE: Anchoring your sub box?, Teameclipse804, Nov-15-01 04:51 PM, #8
      RE: Anchoring your sub box?, Grashper, Nov-15-01 06:21 PM, #9
      RE: Anchoring your sub box?, iamnotwhoiam, Nov-16-01 01:12 AM, #10

iamnotwhoiamNov-07-01 06:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#593, "RE: Anchoring your sub box?"
In response to Reply # 0

now is it the box that is moving or the carpet under it.. I went town with some velcro on mine.. the box still slides a little but the carpet under it doesnt move at all.. and that was my main problem...

-Jason

95 GS

Short-air ram - custom grill - removed front license plate - custom stereo system - 2 Kenwood 10's powered by Kenwood amp - Hiper Blue Headlights - F&R Upper Strut Bars - 2 fan mod - Energy Suspension Bushings

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

koolade9Nov-07-01 06:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#594, "RE: Anchoring your sub box?"
In response to Reply # 1

it's tough because your stock trunk floor is a thin flexable peice of particle/cardboard. you'll have to bolt it to where the spare tire ties down, or toward the front of the truck(but beware of gastank....)

GrashperNov-07-01 07:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#595, "RE: Anchoring your sub box?"
In response to Reply # 1

Ya the carpet is whats moving around, the box is pretty much moving the carpet with it all over the place. I was thinking of using velcro as well then maybe some how adhereing the carpet permanentlly to the floor board.

Mod List:
-NGK BKR5E-11 Plugs
-Magnecore 8.5 Wires
-GS-T Muffler
-Upper Front Strut Bar
-Custom Short Shifter!

no more 420A

only 4G63

iamnotwhoiamNov-07-01 01:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#596, "RE: Anchoring your sub box?"
In response to Reply # 3

you can attatch the carpet to the particle board with velcro.. if it dont stick too good to the board staple it or something.. then put the other side on the the bottom of the carpet which is plastic backed.. also i also used velcro to sorta secure the board to the car.. right at the very edges.. the weight of the subs and box will help the velcro grip..

i may have to take some pics of what i did and post them..

-Jason

95 GS

Short-air ram - custom grill - removed front license plate - custom stereo system - 2 Kenwood 10's powered by Kenwood amp - Hiper Blue Headlights - F&R Upper Strut Bars - 2 fan mod - Energy Suspension Bushings

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

GrashperNov-07-01 02:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#597, "RE: Anchoring your sub box?"
In response to Reply # 4

LAST EDITED ON 07-Nov-01 AT 07:43 PM (PST)

Thats sounds cheap and easy, kinda like this girl I know, O I mean, thats a good idea, LOL!!!

But if you can post up some pics that would be great!
Thanks

Hey is that a Talon TSi back there in your sig I see? I like the color of the rims with the color of the car, looks dope!! Who's is that anyway?

Mod List:
-NGK BKR5E-11 Plugs
-Magnecore 8.5 Wires
-GS-T Muffler
-Upper Front Strut Bar
-Custom Short Shifter!

no more 420A

only 4G63

iamnotwhoiamNov-08-01 02:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#598, "RE: Anchoring your sub box?"
In response to Reply # 5

hehe.. thats a good friend of mine.. its a 97 talon esi.. with a custom turbo setup and built engine.. 18in black chrome rims that were imported from somewhere.. aight then.. ill try and take some pics soon and post them or something. i guess now i get to reveal all my secrets

-Jason

95 GS

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

iamnotwhoiamNov-15-01 02:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#599, "RE: Anchoring your sub box?"
In response to Reply # 0

ok here's what i did to help reduce the movement of the box in the trunk...

im hopeing soon to just get a new piece of board or something to use back there to help support and secure the box and such..

-Jason

95 GS

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

Teameclipse804Nov-15-01 04:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#600, "RE: Anchoring your sub box?"
In response to Reply # 7

Cool, where did you get the velcro at and how much? I might try that out.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://www.importvenom.com
Import Venom - Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

GrashperNov-15-01 06:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#601, "RE: Anchoring your sub box?"
In response to Reply # 8

Ya, I just did the exact same thing today. I even put some on the under side of my sub box. The velcro I got wasn't that great. The velcro its self was but the sticky side was sh!ty. But the weight of the subs holds it down ok. At least I can take a corner without the box sliding around now. Thanks for posting those pics!

Mod List:
-NGK BKR5E-11 Plugs
-Magnecore 8.5 Wires
-GS-T Muffler
-Upper Front Strut Bar
-Custom Short Shifter!

no more 420A

only 4G63

iamnotwhoiamNov-16-01 01:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#602, "RE: Anchoring your sub box?"
In response to Reply # 8

you should be able to get any velcro from like a wal-greens or something.. i used two diff types.. one was in a roll and i cut it to size/length and ther other was 2 large pieces that i used to put on the metal and the board thingy.. the box itself still moves around but not nearly as much.. i was just getting anoyed of the carpet and board moving around..

-Jason

95 GS

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #592 Previous topic | Next topic