Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5390
View in linear mode

Subject: "Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?" Previous topic | Next topic
blairsummitFeb-24-03 06:07 PM
Member since Jul 01st 2002
64 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5390, "Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?"

im taking out all the factory speakers in my car and getting all new ones and replacing my subs, amp, and head unit as well. what should i get? any suggestions?

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy needs one"

1999 Eclipse
bomex 2 front and rear bumpers, blitz side skirts, chrome halo projector headlights, painted center tail section, shaved wing, carbon fiber OEM hood, 3 inch halogen fog lights, and 17 inch motegi ff7 hyper black rims.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?, fasterGS, Feb-24-03 07:16 PM, #1
RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?, FnNitWit81, Feb-24-03 07:44 PM, #2
RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?, audiophyl, Feb-24-03 08:07 PM, #3
RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?, a_miller_76, Feb-25-03 03:08 AM, #4
      RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?, OZ_GS, Feb-25-03 03:28 AM, #5
RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?, SlowButLow, Feb-25-03 06:01 AM, #6
RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?, SlowEsi, Feb-26-03 04:31 AM, #7

fasterGSFeb-24-03 07:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5391, "RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?"
In response to Reply # 0

Alpine head units are schweet, and either JL or Alpine subs would be my recommendation. I have the alpine 7894 myself, very nice deck

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FnNitWit81Feb-24-03 07:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1861 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5392, "RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?"
In response to Reply # 1

I would recomend my setup, brand new and it slams the shit out of my car....

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=7851&mesg_id=7851&page=

Good Luc

audiophylFeb-24-03 08:07 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5393, "RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?"
In response to Reply # 0

My recommendation: go to the local Circuit City and talk to the sales person. They will show you many system choices, in different price ranges.

Find a system that works for you and stays within your budget. Remember, you have to listen to it...we don't!

Good luck to ya!

J. Mykel Hill
SLAP Mid-West Event Coordinator

jmykel@slapshow.com

Certified IASCA Judge
Certified SLAP Judge

http://members.cardomain.com/audiophyl

2002 Sound, Looks, & Performance National Champion--Advanced Mitsubishi

a_miller_76Feb-25-03 03:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#5394, "RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah I have an alpine head unit, polk MOMO components in the doors, alpine Type R coaxials in the rear, and after being canned from Circuit City I never got to finish with the subs....but I'd go alpine, they are all nice.

OZ_GSFeb-25-03 03:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#5395, "RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?"
In response to Reply # 4

It will obviously depend on your budget but as everyone else is saying Alpine makes pretty good equipment. The headunits rock. Just look in any Car Audio magazine and you will find that most of the featured cars have Alpine for the HU. As far as amps and speakers....
I like the Alpine amps but you may consider PPI, kicker or even RF. Front speakers I would stick with either MB Quarts, Focal, or like I just got the Alpine type-x components. They sound amazing but are all pretty expensive. Subs I would stick with either JL or the square kicker solo-barics. Both brands really know what they are doing when it comes to subwoofer design.

I am sota a freak about having all my stuff match so I went with all Alpine but if I did not have this problem I would stick with the brands I listed above.

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

SlowButLowFeb-25-03 06:01 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2002
98 posts,
#5397, "RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?"
In response to Reply # 0

I love the 2G because it makes any regular system bang like hell. Right now I have Pionner three-ways in my door and one 800/1 Lanzar pusing three JL 10W0 and it hits decent. I'm about to switch over to Jl Audio componets in custom kickpanels pushed by a JL 300/2 amp and one JL 12W7 in the rear pushed by a JL 500/1 amp. I hope that it bangs heard, but it should.

Eclipse RS-T...The -T Stand for Non-Turbo!

SlowEsiFeb-26-03 04:31 AM
Member since Jan 24th 2003
104 posts,
#5413, "RE: Getting new system, replacing all speakers, hu, and amp, what should i get?"
In response to Reply # 6

Opinions on infinity subs?

While your at it, i would dynomat the doors/rear deck as well.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5390 Previous topic | Next topic