Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5324
View in linear mode

Subject: "rear light wiring question" Previous topic | Next topic
ThE oRACLeFeb-13-03 05:30 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5324, "rear light wiring question"

hey guys. i have a standing project that im trying to work out here and im having problems. i need to cut the blinker line from the rear lights and im having a hard time finding the correct wire .. what i want the back lights to do is just break i dont want the blinkers functioning with the back lights. is there any diagram i can refer to ? can anyone help me ? is this thing on ? lol

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MalenkoFeb-18-03 12:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5362, "RE: rear light wiring question"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds illegal

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-18-03 07:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#5363, "RE: rear light wiring question"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-18-03 07:30 AM by sd_eclipse

Need a little more info on the type of bulbs you used to light up your center piece. Also, do you want to center to come on with the lights when you turn them on at night? or do you only want them to come on when you hit your brakes period? let me know and I'll dig through the elec. manual when I get home to see If i can help you out any.

ThE oRACLeFeb-19-03 05:59 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1135 posts,
#5370, "RE: rear light wiring question"
In response to Reply # 2

THANKS FOR ANSWERING SD!! AND NO THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL ~~!!~~ what i really want to do sd is to have the rear lights function as brakes only ... the blinkers i want to wire down to the reverse lights...

the center piece is fine its wired up and ready to go. thats been there awhile now from my old tail lights .. and i used 194's ..

what i want the reverse lights to do is act as the blinkers .. what i need is to find out where the brake/blinker line connect.. thats the wire that is the white and green in the rear light set up..

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

Sigma Chi 200Mar-01-03 08:53 AM
Member since Feb 02nd 2003
74 posts,
#5464, "RE: rear light wiring question"
In response to Reply # 3

I have been wanting to do something like this but don't know it its possible. I have gen 3 altezza's. In the center I want to make the red circles light up with the breaks and the clear circles within the red circles light up with my reverse lights. Has anyone done this, or is it even possible?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5324 Previous topic | Next topic