Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3947
View in linear mode

Subject: "Antenna Remote wire" Previous topic | Next topic
djtrickeeSep-16-02 12:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3947, "Antenna Remote wire"

I have a 98 GS. It has the automatic antenna which has been working fine. However, when I installed my aftermarket Head unit today and hooked up the blue remote/antenna wire, the antenna doesnt go up or down at all. I can't seem to find on the stock harness which wire controls the antenna. I used my voltmeter and was able to confirm that the aftermarket unit is sending a signal on the blue wire, but I dont know what to hook it too? Anyone know what to hook to get the antenna to work?

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

eklipsdrvr99Sep-16-02 04:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
545 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3948, "RE: Antenna Remote wire"
In response to Reply # 0

All I know is that I have the same problem and would really like to know the answer myself.

Mike
eklipsdrvr99@hotmail.com

Mike
www.streamlinemotorsportsva.com
http://members.cardomain.com/eklipsdrvr99

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76Sep-16-02 11:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#3949, "RE: Antenna Remote wire"
In response to Reply # 1

The plug for the antenna is weird. I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm working on it. I just put a power antenna in my RS this weekend (didn't have one before) and it was wired for the DSM antenna. The plug has constant power and 3 switched powers. Since I didn't have the original radio I couldn't fully test that harness, but I believe that the original radio told it when to go down and when to come up. As opposed to most aftermarket antennas. They only need signal to tell it to go up. You can probably fix this with a relay, but I don't know the wiring configuration off hand.

Put your factory radio back in, test the harness to see which wire is sending signal when the radio is on, and which is sending signal when it's off. Then putting a relay in so that open ground configuration sends a signal to that lead should give it a way of coming down. Not exactly sure, but that would be the direction I would attempt

djtrickeeSep-17-02 01:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#3950, "RE: Antenna Remote wire"
In response to Reply # 2

That would be a good solution and I tried plugging the stock radio back in to try and track it down, but now of course it is code locked and I can't find my code anywhere!! which pretty much kills that idea... Someone out there must have replaced their stereo with aftermarket and retained the power antenna feature?
-Chris b.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3947 Previous topic | Next topic