Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3735
View in linear mode

Subject: "dash speaker ?" Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSAug-26-02 06:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3735, "dash speaker ?"

Are the RS's that didnt come with the dash speakers up front wired for them? I bought some speakers to put in there and am wondering how much work Ive got to put in when installing these things. Im hoping that its prewired so all I have to do is install them rather than going through all kinds of changes. TIA

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: dash speaker ?, a_miller_76, Aug-26-02 07:43 AM, #1
RE: dash speaker ?, a1eyed1der, Aug-29-02 04:18 PM, #2
      RE: dash speaker ?, 1TuffRS, Aug-30-02 03:48 AM, #3
           RE: dash speaker ?, 1TuffRS, Aug-30-02 02:38 PM, #4
                RE: dash speaker ?, jesse, Aug-31-02 06:00 PM, #5
                     RE: dash speaker ?, 1TuffRS, Sep-01-02 05:27 AM, #6

a_miller_76Aug-26-02 07:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3736, "RE: dash speaker ?"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know it they're pre-wired...but it would make sense that they would be. If not just get a good wirepuller and use that.

Drop some abs plastic cut to fit the hole in there with flush mounted tweeters in it...that's your best bet. Sounds great and it's easy. 3.5" speakers will not fit at all.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a1eyed1derAug-29-02 04:18 PM
Member since Feb 17th 2002
376 posts,
#3737, "RE: dash speaker ?"
In response to Reply # 1

ya man i popped off the cover over where the tweeters go and there is 2 wires and a little plug so it looks like there ready to plug right in ill know this weekend hopefully when my new speakers get instaled including those ones

Bob

97 RS/ Iceman intake/ n1 style catback 2.5in exhaust/eibach sportslines / momo shit knob/ 18" Velox scythe wheels wrapped in Toyo proxie 225/40/18 tires)/ Indiglo guages/ custom fiberglass

1TuffRSAug-30-02 03:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#3738, "RE: dash speaker ?"
In response to Reply # 2

cool, I just got my tweets in the mail yesterday and I will try to install them sometime today!

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

1TuffRSAug-30-02 02:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#3739, "RE: dash speaker ?"
In response to Reply # 3

well i tried the install today and found that my car was only wired for one of the tweeters. I popped the little cover off of the driver side and saw no wires so I was pissed and just figured the car wasnt wired for them. Then I check the passenger side and the wires are there clipped to the bottom of the little cover. I guess they just made a mistake on the assembly line.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

jesseAug-31-02 06:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#3740, "RE: dash speaker ?"
In response to Reply # 4

your other wire could have fallen into the dash

-------------------------------

1997 Dodge Avenger - 13.7 @ 105

1TuffRSSep-01-02 05:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#3741, "RE: dash speaker ?"
In response to Reply # 5

thats what I thought too, but I searched from above and below and cannot find a harness similar to the one on the passenger side.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3735 Previous topic | Next topic