Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2715
View in linear mode

Subject: "any probs with 15" subs?" Previous topic | Next topic
HondaHater21May-29-02 02:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2715, "any probs with 15" subs?"

Im thinkin or getting 1 15 0r 18 inch sub instead of 2 12s. I duno what brand, but most likly it will be rated for 800w. n e experence?

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/hondahater21

Change Your own Blinker Fluid! --> http://geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: any probs with 15, TeamXtremeRS, May-29-02 03:23 PM, #1
RE: any probs with 15, Teamdougie2, May-29-02 03:53 PM, #2
      RE: any probs with 15, TeamXtremeRS, May-29-02 11:12 PM, #3
           RE: any probs with 15, JohnnyCorona, May-30-02 09:13 AM, #4
RE: any probs with 15" subs?, Fast420A, May-30-02 12:06 PM, #5
RE: any probs with 15" subs?, HondaHater21, May-30-02 12:38 PM, #6
      RE: any probs with 15" subs?, justsomedrunk, May-30-02 10:54 PM, #7
           RE: any probs with 15" subs?, Fast420A, May-31-02 12:16 AM, #8
                RE: any probs with 15" subs?, CVedEclipse, May-31-02 12:40 AM, #9
                     RE: any probs with 15" subs?, justsomedrunk, May-31-02 07:04 AM, #10
                          RE: any probs with 15" subs?, CVedEclipse, Jun-01-02 11:41 PM, #11
                               RE: any probs with 15" subs?, justsomedrunk, Jun-02-02 02:33 AM, #12
                                    RE: any probs with 15" subs?, CVedEclipse, Jun-04-02 10:15 PM, #13
                                         RE: any probs with 15" subs?, jerseystyle1, Jun-05-02 02:36 PM, #14

TeamXtremeRSMay-29-02 03:23 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2716, "RE: any probs with 15"
In response to Reply # 0

I love my Eclipse Aluminum 15" sub...i have beat the living hell outa that thing, and it doens't flinch one bit...sound is excellent too, tight,deep, and loud..feedin it about 1500 clean RMS watts in a small sealed box..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamdougie2May-29-02 03:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#2717, "RE: any probs with 15"
In response to Reply # 1

We got a new car to add to the 1g and 2g... it's a 2001 Celica. First thing on the list is system and I'm thinking about an Eclipse 15". How is the overall system sound quality compared to that of a couple 10" subs. I'm used to dealing with 10s & 12s but we're going 15 for this one. I believe front & rear are 6-1/2" pods. What do you think? Hey Matt - do you have a link for the Celica's wiring diagram? Thanks... late

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

TeamXtremeRSMay-29-02 11:12 PM
6329 posts,
#2718, "RE: any probs with 15"
In response to Reply # 2

Here is your celica link for the wirings, not sure if this is what you are looking for, but thats all i can get. http://www.directechs.com/wtechsoft/doc/53127.txt

As for sound quality, having 2 smaller subs will usually sound better than one big one, but its really up to the listener. My car sounds excellent, for one big sub, but i still give a slight advantage for 2 subs. With an untrained ear, you won't notice that much difference. I have just had experience with both kind of setups now for years, so i can relate to each setup. Unfortunately, this is kinda something you have to listen to in person to tell, wish my car would play over the net Either way you go, you will be happy with the reslult. My one 15" sounds good as hell, and is plenty loud for me..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

JohnnyCoronaMay-30-02 09:13 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2002
780 posts,
#2719, "RE: any probs with 15"
In response to Reply # 3

since you seem to know what the hell your tlaking about any advice on box dimensions for 2 10s? i got sony xplodes, the cheaper ones i think and i wanna box that faces up. also to port or not to port? any advice?

tia

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."

http://homepage.mac.com/
johnnycorona/signature/logo.jpg

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses co

Fast420AMay-30-02 12:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#2720, "RE: any probs with 15" subs?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey you wanna buy my brand new Cerwin Vega 15" DVC sub?

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

HondaHater21May-30-02 12:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#2721, "RE: any probs with 15" subs?"
In response to Reply # 5

well I saw a 18" sub and it looked cool, as for sound, I dont have much hearing to began with, I just need to feel it. But how much for the 15? Im cheep

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/hondahater21

Change Your own Blinker Fluid! --> http://geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

justsomedrunkMay-30-02 10:54 PM
Member since May 31st 2002
17 posts,
#2722, "RE: any probs with 15" subs?"
In response to Reply # 6

you will be fine with a 15.it is untrue about larger subs not having as good sq.it is all baout the install

i might be drunk right now so that is why imisspelled shit.or i just can't spell

Fast420AMay-31-02 12:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#2723, "RE: any probs with 15" subs?"
In response to Reply # 7

I had it posted a month ago for $200 OBO and no one offered anything. Make me an offer.

It needs a BIG box. Like 3.5 cu ft big. Here's the specs from www.cerwin-vega.com but the GOOD specs are here.
http://www.cerwin-vega.com/products/pdf/vega/Vega_subwoofers_manual.pdf

15"
4 ohms/voice coil VEGA 15D4
96 dB*
250W/voice coil VEGA 15D4
1000W (max)
20-500 Hz
*Sensitivity measured at 1 meter in recommended enclosure with 2.8 volt input.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

CVedEclipseMay-31-02 12:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#2724, "RE: any probs with 15" subs?"
In response to Reply # 8

i love my 15.. only problem is.. big ass subs need big ass boxes.. i dont have enough air space for my sub right now, so it is not sounding at peak performance.. but it hits much harder and deeper than most cars i have seen (at least on the streets and friends). i had a friend with 2 12s in a 2gnt and i was killing him in all aspects of sound (quality, spl, deepness, etc). and as far as 18s go.. forget it, unless you plan on ditching the back seats. my friend had an 18 in his car, and the air space for that thing was ridiculous.. it was damn loud, but did not sound like good tight bass.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

justsomedrunkMay-31-02 07:04 AM
17 posts,
#2725, "RE: any probs with 15" subs?"
In response to Reply # 9

if you run into problems with teh room for bigger subs,what kinda are you looking at.cuz if you look at subs made for sealed boxes i don't care if you put in a 18 you have room.put if you are looking porting you will be having problems.some of the top subs on teh market for ported boxes will take up more room then you can ever make in our cars.

i might be drunk right now so that is why imisspelled shit.or i just can't spell

CVedEclipseJun-01-02 11:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#2726, "RE: any probs with 15" subs?"
In response to Reply # 10

>if you run into problems with teh room for bigger subs,what
>kinda are you looking at.cuz if you look at subs made for
>sealed boxes i don't care if you put in a 18 you have
>room.put if you are looking porting you will be having
>problems.some of the top subs on teh market for ported boxes
>will take up more room then you can ever make in our cars.

im running a 15" cerwin vega stroker.. its made for a ported box, and this bastid loves air!! when i was making my box, i read the recommended air space and there wasnt enough room for what i originally wanted to do. i wanted to keep the spare, so i had to sacrifice the small box.. it still sounds great, but if i were so inclined to turn up the gain to max power, my sub would bottom out at the deep frequencies.

^^what once was^^

justsomedrunkJun-02-02 02:33 AM
17 posts,
#2727, "RE: any probs with 15" subs?"
In response to Reply # 11

>
>im running a 15" cerwin vega stroker.. its made for a ported
>box, and this bastid loves air!! when i was making my box, i
>read the recommended air space and there wasnt enough room
>for what i originally wanted to do. i wanted to keep the
>spare, so i had to sacrifice the small box.. it still sounds
>great, but if i were so inclined to turn up the gain to max
>power, my sub would bottom out at the deep frequencies.

how big is your box an how much power are you running to it.cuz if your box is alot smaller or you are not feeding all teh power it needs.you coul be louder with a smaller sub.strokers are bad ass subs,but they need a monster size box.

CVedEclipseJun-04-02 10:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#2728, "RE: any probs with 15" subs?"
In response to Reply # 12

its been a while, i forgot how big the box is.. i remember that the box was too small, but it wasnt a huge difference.. also, i have plenty of power running into it.. my mmats amp has more than enough needed to power this sub. and it is damn loud right now, and i know that i could be louder, but i am not competing so i dont need to get any louder.

^^what once was^^

jerseystyle1Jun-05-02 02:36 PM
3135 posts,
#2729, "RE: any probs with 15" subs?"
In response to Reply # 13

I have a brand new Kicker SOLO-BARIC s15d. This was the last model of the round solo-barics. It can handle 750watts and only requires 1.5cu air space. Make an offer!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2715 Previous topic | Next topic