Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2286
View in linear mode

Subject: "Will 6x9s fit for my car????" Previous topic | Next topic
xEclipsE RaceRxApr-19-02 10:31 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2286, "Will 6x9s fit for my car????"

I went to Cartronics cuz I want to put sum 6x9s in the back cuz i want a lil more bass...I told him that I had 6x5s in it right now (which is stock right) well anyways he said that I couldnt just slip 6x9s in. I would have to pay them more for custom work. I was wonderin if you guys knew this...is he right?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Mods And Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Intro.htm

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????, CVedEclipse, Apr-19-02 01:14 PM, #1
RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????, pancito, Apr-19-02 02:13 PM, #2
      RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????, HondaHater21, Apr-19-02 03:16 PM, #3
           RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????, Chowmane99, Apr-19-02 03:40 PM, #4
                RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????, JohannS07, Apr-19-02 05:51 PM, #5
                RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????, jasonhko, Apr-19-02 11:20 PM, #6
                RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????, johnnyblaze28324, Apr-21-02 06:07 AM, #7
                     RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????, xEclipsE RaceRx, Apr-21-02 06:15 AM, #8
                          RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????, Teamdougie2, Apr-21-02 07:01 AM, #9
                               RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????, dudasd, Apr-26-02 02:18 PM, #10

CVedEclipseApr-19-02 01:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2287, "RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????"
In response to Reply # 0

comon dood.. search this.. i know its been answered before.. but to answer the question.. yes you can. two ways, take a dremel and cut the hole bigger.. many of us have done this, including me.. or go to a junkyard and find some 6x9 pods from a eclipse with an infinity system... my suggestion is you do the dremel, easy and cheap

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

pancitoApr-19-02 02:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
460 posts,
#2288, "RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????"
In response to Reply # 1

I also took the dremel road, and let me tell you you have to dremmel almost the entire POD, don't get scared that you take off plastic, and take off and take off, mine are not the biggest 6x9 out there, in fact they are not very powerfull there for the magnet is not very big, and i ahd to dremmel everything except the corners, i just left barely something there to put a screw thru,

BTW i didn't had a dremmel at hand and used a GRINDER!!!! now my pod has a costum hole in the side of it, but who cares, you can't go wrong.

I suggest you take your dremeled(sp???) pod when you go buy the speakers, and try them on....

fernando_valdez@hotmail.com

HondaHater21Apr-19-02 03:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#2289, "RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????"
In response to Reply # 2

I used a razor blade, just cut untill it fits

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/hondahater21

Change Your own Blinker Fluid! --> http://geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

Chowmane99Apr-19-02 03:40 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
391 posts,
#2290, "RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????"
In response to Reply # 3

I have a 98 Eclipse Spyder with the Factory Infinity System. Took that out after a week. Now I have a Alpine Head Unit with Infinity Kappa 6x9 in the back seats (Fit perfectly - just have to wiggle them in and when you tighten the screw - do each one a little at a time or the speaker will be crooked) 6.5" at the door and 4" on the Dash. I also have 3 10" Rockford Fosgate DVC in a custom triple speaker box sitting in my tiny trunk with Infinity Kappa Amps running everything.

Later,
Mike
98 Eclipse Spyder GS

Mike
98 Eclipse Spyder

JohannS07Apr-19-02 05:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
148 posts,
#2291, "RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????"
In response to Reply # 4

I went the dremmel way too....But my Kenwood excelons are huge...so I really had to thin it out. But worth it, cuz those 3 ways I have are bad ass......Good Luck.

JohannS07

97 GS (daily driver), 90 TSi AWD (toy)

jasonhkoApr-19-02 11:20 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2002
229 posts,
#2292, "RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah.. iuts easy.. jsut get a dremel.. it works just fine. I didn't have a dremel handy when I was doing this to my car so I just used a heat-knife and cute that plastic right out.

johnnyblaze28324Apr-21-02 06:07 AM
Member since Apr 18th 2002
5 posts,
#2293, "RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????"
In response to Reply # 4

if u want more bass then y dont u add a small sub it would work out better for bass and then get some good 6.5 speakers and it would sound better then just 6x9

xEclipsE RaceRxApr-21-02 06:15 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#2294, "RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????"
In response to Reply # 7

Im planning to get 2 12s or 1 square 12 later, but until then arent 6x9s better than 6x5 cuz more area.

Check Out My Site For Mods And Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Intro.htm

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Teamdougie2Apr-21-02 07:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#2295, "RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????"
In response to Reply # 8

6x9's are a funky oval shape... different from most other speakers. I prefer the SQ from a 6.5" speaker a lot more! Go to HiFi Buys and get a pair of JL Audio 6.5" coaxials. I put those in my ride and it sounds very nice. Better than any 6x9 I've ever owned. They also have a nicely priced pair of Bostons down there. Check it out, man... they always cut me great deals there!

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

dudasdApr-26-02 02:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#2296, "RE: Will 6x9s fit for my car????"
In response to Reply # 9

I'm guessing you don't have a x-over??? You don;t really need full range sound coming from the rear of the car anyways, just something to handle the mid-bass which any quality 6.5" will give you.....I went with 6x9's for a while but if all you run is mid-bass through the rears your just wasting money on them. Just get a goos set of 6.5's and you'll be more than happy. The JL's will work or if you want a dedicated mid-bass speaker go with a set of Punch or Orions.....

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2286 Previous topic | Next topic