Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2104
View in linear mode

Subject: "Amps and Subwoofers" Previous topic | Next topic
HDW823Apr-05-02 07:01 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2002
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2104, "Amps and Subwoofers"

I"m still trying to decide what to do on my system. I'd like to have a amp with some blue on it and some blue on my subwoofer so it will match my interior. The only decent looking amp I've been able to find is the orion cobalt series. The site has pretty good reviews but I was wondering if any of you guys know anything about them. I don't want a sucky amp even if it does look cool. Also does anybody make a blue colored sub besides kenwoood? Thanks.

Heather

95 RS, AFX Underdrive Pulley, Front and Rear Strut Tower Braces, Front Lower tie bar, OBX Header, Final Drive Mod, Konig Traffic rims with Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires, Accel Spark Plug Wires, Dynomax Exhaust, Optima red top Battery, Air Intake, Z3 Fenders (T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Amps and Subwoofers, snowboarder, Apr-05-02 11:43 AM, #1
RE: Amps and Subwoofers, toykilla, Apr-07-02 03:33 AM, #5
RE: Amps and Subwoofers, jerseystyle1, Apr-06-02 01:26 PM, #2
RE: Amps and Subwoofers, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-06-02 01:39 PM, #3
RE: Amps and Subwoofers, farmdogg55, Apr-07-02 12:57 AM, #4
      RE: Amps and Subwoofers, PowerEclipses, Apr-07-02 11:14 AM, #6
           RE: Amps and Subwoofers, Boofer97rs, Apr-07-02 11:28 AM, #7

snowboarderApr-05-02 11:43 AM
Member since Dec 27th 2001
283 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2105, "RE: Amps and Subwoofers"
In response to Reply # 0

the orion is a good amp. also jl audio has a good amp or ppi or fosgate amps.... the choice is your depending on how far you want to go with your system...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

toykillaApr-07-02 03:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2106, "RE: Amps and Subwoofers"
In response to Reply # 1

>the orion is a good amp. also jl audio has a good amp or
>ppi or fosgate amps.... the choice is your depending on how
>far you want to go with your system...

JL Audio is a subwoofer company. PPI went out of business about 4 years ago. Fosgate sucks. Orion makes good shit although I am kind of fond of the Phoenix Gold Amps. The new line even meets your requirements of the blue. They are a metallic gray with 3 blue lights. =] Plus they are badass amps.

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

jerseystyle1Apr-06-02 01:26 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#2107, "RE: Amps and Subwoofers"
In response to Reply # 0

Soundstream makes high quality amps which are blue. Cobalt amps are Orion's bottom of the line amps, so keep that in mind when choosing. As far a blue subs, I can't help you there!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

TeamXtremeRSApr-06-02 01:39 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#2108, "RE: Amps and Subwoofers"
In response to Reply # 0

I believe Kenwood makes some blue subs,you already know that though. I never really liked the sound from them, so keep that in mind. I don't know of any others off hand at the moment..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

farmdogg55Apr-07-02 12:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
#2109, "RE: Amps and Subwoofers"
In response to Reply # 3

you can try this site, they have a big selection, might find something you like...
http://www.justwoofers.com/Woofer_Pages/shop_woofers_pics.htm

...in middle of engine swap, should be done this week!

PowerEclipsesApr-07-02 11:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#2110, "RE: Amps and Subwoofers"
In response to Reply # 4

dude buy my amps... they are up for sale check in the forsale section i have 2 Splash amps

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Boofer97rsApr-07-02 11:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
800 posts,
#2111, "RE: Amps and Subwoofers"
In response to Reply # 6

If you bought a sub and put it in a sealed box with a speaker grille on it, nobody would really be able to see the sub well. You could also paint the grille blue to match ur color scheme

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2104 Previous topic | Next topic