Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1656
View in linear mode

Subject: "Vibrating Car" Previous topic | Next topic
BlmetFeb-21-02 10:12 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
328 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1656, "Vibrating Car"

I just striped the interior of my car of all panels. I am wondering if there is a way to stop them from vibrating from the two 12's I got in the hatch. Problem is as I am taking apart the car I am noticing how flimsy these clips that hold all the panels are. Is the an alternative method to dynomating it?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Vibrating Car, iamnotwhoiam, Feb-22-02 06:12 AM, #1
RE: Vibrating Car, jasonhko, Mar-25-02 08:41 PM, #8
RE: Vibrating Car, BeefGG, Feb-24-02 06:30 AM, #2
RE: Vibrating Car, All4thaN0okie, Feb-24-02 07:01 AM, #3
RE: Vibrating Car, iamnotwhoiam, Feb-24-02 04:30 PM, #4
      RE: Vibrating Car, jZa, Feb-25-02 12:58 PM, #5
           RE: Vibrating Car, 99Eclipse, Feb-25-02 01:27 PM, #6
                RE: Vibrating Car, dudasd, Feb-25-02 02:18 PM, #7
                     RE: Vibrating Car, python6586, Jan-23-03 11:26 AM, #9
                          RE: Vibrating Car, OZ_GS, Jan-23-03 07:06 PM, #10

iamnotwhoiamFeb-22-02 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1657, "RE: Vibrating Car"
In response to Reply # 0

ive got just the solution.. put small strips of dynomat where the clips go into the frame... it works perfect.. if you need more info on this hit me up on aim or email.. i got pics that will help too, if requested.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jasonhkoMar-25-02 08:41 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2002
229 posts,
#1658, "RE: Vibrating Car"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah.. hit me up with the info on that.. I getting crazy rattling from my car.. but dunno where the hell its coming from..e-mail at jasonhko@hotmail.com

BeefGGFeb-24-02 06:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
196 posts,
#1659, "RE: Vibrating Car"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't have money for dynomat and I was thinking about using bubble wrap. I think I remember reading that it would help but I haven't tried it yet. I sounds like it will. If I ever get around to it I'll try it. I guess I'll just duck tape it down or something. If you feel like trying it, tell me how it goes. If anybody has already done it, let me know bout it yo. Thanks, later on

All4thaN0okieFeb-24-02 07:01 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#1660, "RE: Vibrating Car"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey Jason... I'd like to see the pics of the dynomat.... cuz i need to do somethin to stop the rattling... its not that bad in the summer cuz the windows are down..but it sucks in the winter.... you can e-mail me the pics at All4than0okie@aol.com

'95 Eclipse RS
INTERIOR
-Sony CDXM 750
-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
-Premiere Amp
-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
EXTERIOR
-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
-Clear Bumper Lenses
-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
-Red LED Washer Nozzles
PERFORMANCE
-K&N Filter

iamnotwhoiamFeb-24-02 04:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#1661, "RE: Vibrating Car"
In response to Reply # 2

you dont even need all that much.. i used a door kit.. but so far i still have only used half of it..

you can try bubble-wrap, but i dont think it will work very well..

as far as cost wise i would bet you could find a dynomat door kit for like 40ish and believe me if used right it is a good thing to buy

i used dynomat extreme and i think i got it for like 40-50

also here are a few pics..

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

jZaFeb-25-02 12:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#1662, "RE: Vibrating Car"
In response to Reply # 4

bubble wrap? man i've heard of cheap alternatives but this is rediculous (j/k). Wouldn't the bubbles start to pop??
anyway, you can get 12 sq ft of dynamat equivalent from mcmaster.com for like $30, item number 9709t18 I believe. Also get a roll of weatherstripping from the autoparts and put it behind the plastics where they touch the metal.

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

99EclipseFeb-25-02 01:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#1663, "RE: Vibrating Car"
In response to Reply # 5

I've heard of some kind of spray that stinger just came out with (not the old stuff) it works just like dynamat if not better but is easyer to work with ask the car audio gurus at www.caraudioforum.com they will help you solve your problem in a minute.

dudasdFeb-25-02 02:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#1664, "RE: Vibrating Car"
In response to Reply # 6

Rockford makes the spray on stuff too. Bubble wrap won't work, the thing the Dynamat or Spary on stuff does beside absorb the standing sound waves is to add a small amount of weight to the surface in question. That's where the noise killing comes from. Bubble wrap won't help at all. You don't have to plaster your panels with Dynamat. There are different test CD's available that have various tones to test the resonance of your car, get one of those and pop it in and walk around listening to what is making your car rattle and where and add the Dynamat accordingly.........

python6586Jan-23-03 11:26 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#5133, "RE: Vibrating Car"
In response to Reply # 7

how bout running like 1/8 rubber sheets under the panels would that reflect the bass and stop if from rattling all the metal?? what other things could u use to stop it?

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

OZ_GSJan-23-03 07:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#5138, "RE: Vibrating Car"
In response to Reply # 9

WOW!!! Thats an old post....

I used FatMat...its pretty inexpensive.

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1656 Previous topic | Next topic