Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1480
View in linear mode

Subject: "Question for KORY!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
My9t5TalonFeb-12-02 07:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1480, "Question for KORY!!!"

Sup man...I have a question about your Sony Xplod head unit...I was checking out the specs on one of 'em...and the depths don't match up...did you use a kit or do some sort of other modification to it to get it to fit in there?...do you have any pix of what it looks like...I really like the sony because I'd like to get my interior done in red...and would think that the lights from the stereo would help it out a bunch...thanx man!

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Question for KORY!!!, brynden29, Feb-12-02 07:11 AM, #1
RE: Question for KORY!!!, iamnotwhoiam, Feb-12-02 07:23 AM, #2
      RE: Question for KORY!!!, Kory, Feb-12-02 02:08 PM, #3
           RE: Question for KORY!!!, JJPhatStrat, Feb-12-02 02:20 PM, #4
           RE: Question for KORY!!!, espilcEGS, Feb-12-02 02:22 PM, #5
                RE: Question for KORY!!!, My9t5Talon, Feb-12-02 06:45 PM, #6
                     RE: Question for KORY!!!, jZa, Feb-13-02 02:00 AM, #7
                          RE: Question for KORY!!!, fauchpj, Feb-13-02 09:24 AM, #8
                               RE: Question for KORY!!!, JJPhatStrat, Feb-14-02 10:11 AM, #9

brynden29Feb-12-02 07:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1481, "RE: Question for KORY!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Good luck dood. I don't think Kory comes in here. Audio is way too technical for him.

I don't have that deck, but I am sure it is as easy as getting a mounting kit and you are done. That is what I would guess.

Brynden

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

iamnotwhoiamFeb-12-02 07:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#1482, "RE: Question for KORY!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

hehe.. too technical for kory..

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

KoryFeb-12-02 02:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#1483, "RE: Question for KORY!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

LOL!!!

yeah my sony xplode head unit fits right in... i used the stock mounting brackets...

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

JJPhatStratFeb-12-02 02:20 PM
Member since Dec 10th 2001
471 posts,
#1484, "RE: Question for KORY!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

mine doesn't. it looks like crap from the front. weird i just looked in here cuz i was gonna post a question about it. it just doesnt look right...metal brackets sticking out of the sides like...hang on let me find a pic...

http://www.pbase.com/image/1138981

Pictures -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/carpics.htm

Tunes -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/mp3page.htm

espilcEGSFeb-12-02 02:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#1485, "RE: Question for KORY!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

I was worried about the depths back when i was looking for a deck. You don't have to! We have tons of room behind the dash. Just needs to fit in the opening.

05 STi

My9t5TalonFeb-12-02 06:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#1486, "RE: Question for KORY!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

dang...thanx for the help again guys...I'll put my order in for the deck first thing tomorrow...after I get home...

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

jZaFeb-13-02 02:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#1487, "RE: Question for KORY!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

maybe it depends on whether you have the factory din slot of if you have to use a kit (ie for the infinity system cars). Cause i know crutchfiled says we got pretty limited space, but my car as well as a few others have said we got plenty of space

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

fauchpjFeb-13-02 09:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#1488, "RE: Question for KORY!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

hey jj, you have to put the little black trim piece that came with the radio around the radio to make it look right. unfortunately, our cars are double-din and the little trim piece wont fit right. you need a kit. on my MASK, the face doesnt manually fold down like some others and it doesnt stick out that far. its not that theres not enough room in the back, its just that the fold down face sticks out more than say a regular open-slot cd player

JJPhatStratFeb-14-02 10:11 AM
Member since Dec 10th 2001
471 posts,
#1489, "RE: Question for KORY!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

hmmm...will have to look in to that...much appreciated

Pictures -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/carpics.htm

Tunes -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/mp3page.htm

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1480 Previous topic | Next topic