Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1419
View in linear mode

Subject: "window rattles....." Previous topic | Next topic
Green_Eclipse_RSFeb-10-02 02:13 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2002
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1419, "window rattles....."

I'm pushing 300 watts rms to eacho of my 2 jbl 12" subs. But whenever I roll down my driver side door window it shakes. When I roll my passenger window down i don't have the same problem. Also if I open my hatch and roll my window down no problem. Any solutions?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ghostshellxFeb-11-02 06:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
576 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1420, "RE: window rattles....."
In response to Reply # 0

I have the same problem, i just roll the drivers window up about half an inch it usally stops then

The 2GNT is Gone... and the curse too!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dudasdFeb-11-02 01:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#1421, "RE: window rattles....."
In response to Reply # 1

There is a small felt covered thing near the top of the inside of the door. What it does is puts pressure on the glass to keep it from rattling, they are adjustable due to the fact that over time they wear down. If you take the door panels off you can tighten them down a bit, just don't get crazy or you'll end up messing up your glass. Should be one in the rear side of the door and one about 2/3's of the way up....give that a try.....good luck!!!!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1419 Previous topic | Next topic