Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1387
View in linear mode

Subject: "factory alarm troubles" Previous topic | Next topic
jeff_TXFeb-04-02 05:49 AM
Member since Jan 31st 2002
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1387, "factory alarm troubles"

is there anyway to disconnect the factory alarm? i pulled all the fuses from the box and the thing still goes off. my power door lock went out on the driver's side and if i lock up the car ith sets off the alarm and kills the battery. need help

Jeff_TX

95 GS
-99 front end conversion w/projectors
-aem cold air
-pacesetter header
-apexi dunk cat back
-energy susp. bushings and sway bars
-kyb gr-2's
-weapon cRap coilovers (replacing)
-frt/rear strut bars
-camber kit
-97 gs rims with mich. pilots

jeff_TX

95 GS
-aem cold air
-pacesetter header
-apexi dunk cat back
-kyb gr-2's
-frt/rear strut bars
-camber kit
-97 gs rims with m

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: factory alarm troubles, mkerley, Feb-04-02 06:31 AM, #1
RE: factory alarm troubles, jeff_TX, Feb-04-02 09:24 AM, #2
RE: factory alarm troubles, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-04-02 11:24 AM, #3
RE: factory alarm troubles, mkerley, Feb-05-02 05:56 AM, #4
      RE: factory alarm troubles, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-05-02 05:17 PM, #5
           RE: factory alarm troubles, mkerley, Feb-06-02 01:21 AM, #6

mkerleyFeb-04-02 06:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1388, "RE: factory alarm troubles"
In response to Reply # 0

I fought with this when installing my alarm. I went through the wiring diagrams and even asked Satan. Of course, they knew nothing...
But, I've fixed it about 95% of the time. It still goes off, but only once or twice a year and for no particular reason. All you have to do is remove a relay from under the dash.
If you lock your doors and set your alarm, putting the key in the drivers side door and turning it disarms the alarm. When you twist it, a relay under the dash pops. In order to find it, lock yourself in the car with the window down. Once the alarm is set (like 30 secs later), reach out the window and twist the key. Put your hand under the dash on the relays and feel which one pops.
When your alarm is off, pull that relay out. It's worked pretty well for me. Someone else might have something better though.

Matt

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jeff_TXFeb-04-02 09:24 AM
Member since Jan 31st 2002
21 posts,
#1389, "RE: factory alarm troubles"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, I'll try that tonight. I'm getting sick of pulling the negative battery cable all the time.

jeff_TX

95 GS
-aem cold air
-pacesetter header
-apexi dunk cat back
-kyb gr-2's
-frt/rear strut bars
-camber kit
-97 gs rims with mich. pilots

jeff_TX

95 GS
-aem cold air
-pacesetter header
-apexi dunk cat back
-kyb gr-2's
-frt/rear strut bars
-camber kit
-97 gs rims with m

TeamXtremeRSFeb-04-02 11:24 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1390, "RE: factory alarm troubles"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah that's prob gonna be your best bet. But if you have to disarm it when you want to add things like remote start and alarms, there is a green/white wire in the drivers door harness. This wire will disarm the alarm with out unlocking the doors, when you ground that wire. Basically, this is the wire that goes to your door key cylinder to disarm the alarm when you use the key to unlock the door.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

mkerleyFeb-05-02 05:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#1391, "RE: factory alarm troubles"
In response to Reply # 3

I tried to tap the wire that the manual said for this, but it didn't seem to work. I was finding it back at the alarm in the driver side back panel. Where are you talking about? I would assume you mean the kick panel, but I'm not sure. I'd like to find it and try.

matt

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

TeamXtremeRSFeb-05-02 05:17 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1392, "RE: factory alarm troubles"
In response to Reply # 4

Just trace the wire harness coming from your door, and it should be in it there, and in the driver's kick panel area...By sending a single ground pulse to this wire will disarm the factory alarm..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

mkerleyFeb-06-02 01:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#1393, "RE: factory alarm troubles"
In response to Reply # 5

Cool. I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1387 Previous topic | Next topic