Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1189
View in linear mode

Subject: "Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?" Previous topic | Next topic
xEclipsE RaceRxJan-16-02 02:52 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1189, "Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"

I want to buy 2 subs and an amp, but I want them to both be the same brand, so whats a good brand that makes subs and amps?

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, Mathas, Jan-16-02 04:26 PM, #1
RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, ECLIPSE286, Feb-02-02 09:35 PM, #2
      RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, All4thaN0okie, Feb-03-02 05:43 AM, #3
RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-03-02 06:04 AM, #4
RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-03-02 06:51 AM, #5
RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, silvreclipsers, Feb-04-02 11:17 AM, #6
RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, PowerEclipses, Feb-05-02 09:34 AM, #7
      RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, dudasd, Feb-05-02 05:04 PM, #8
           RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, o0 Tranceport 0o, Feb-10-02 05:56 PM, #9
                RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, CVedEclipse, Feb-10-02 08:15 PM, #10
                     RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, dudasd, Feb-11-02 12:47 PM, #11
                     RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, dudasd, Feb-11-02 12:54 PM, #12
RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, EsiTalon96, Feb-12-02 02:37 PM, #13
RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, dzaVenge, Feb-13-02 01:19 AM, #14
RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-13-02 01:52 PM, #15

MathasJan-16-02 04:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
41 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1190, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 0

I *love* the Alpine Type-R subs... and Alpine amps are pretty nice, too. I'm just waiting for the new MRDM300 and MRDM500 amps to come out. They look freaking incredible.

And on the plus side, the MRDM300 HAS made it's way into our computer system, so it should be arriving in a month or two. 300 watts of digital D-class amplifier, with the Alpine quality, and priced at $330. I can't wait for the rest of the new Alpine line-up to arrive... I'm holding off on putting anything into my car until it all gets in.

But back to your original question, as long as you stay away from their cheap stuff, the Rockford Fosgate line is pretty good. I'm a HUGE fan of Xtant as well, but if you're as new to car audio as you sound, Xtant might be a bit out of your range right now I stay away from Sony and Kenwood, personally, and I'm not a huge fan of Pioneer's amps or subs(I do like the decks, though).

-Matt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ECLIPSE286Feb-02-02 09:35 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
278 posts,
#1191, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 1

i like " lightingaudio" the amps look brutal

4g63n/t
drive fast and kick ass!!!!
excuse my english!
NOS-wet-kit,s-afc,underdrive pulley,remus-exhaust
225 goodyear eagle f1,8x18 OZ racing rims
turbo gs-t

All4thaN0okieFeb-03-02 05:43 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#1192, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 2

JL Audio ... they're awesome...
2 12W6 subs in a high output box + a JL 500/1 amp = heaven

'95 Eclipse RS
INTERIOR
-Sony CDXM 750
-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
-Premiere Amp
-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
EXTERIOR
-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
-Clear Bumper Lenses
-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
-Red LED Washer Nozzles
PERFORMANCE
-K&N Filter

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-03-02 06:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1193, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 0

I love my MTX subs and Amp. Great sounds and good features. My EBC (external bass controller) is awesome. Can control amp level through a knob, that I mounted in the ashtray.

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, Crane Ignition Amp

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-03-02 06:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#1194, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 0

infinity perfect 12's, they might be a lil high priced from some places, but you can find places online for cheap. check this site out, www.ikesound.com i dono if that sites still up but its worth it to check, they even got alpine on there too.

I contributed to the Wiki.

silvreclipsersFeb-04-02 11:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#1195, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 0

MTX all the way!

PowerEclipsesFeb-05-02 09:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#1196, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 6

Fusion man, get one 12 inch fusion and an amp... it will blow JLs out of the water

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

dudasdFeb-05-02 05:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#1197, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 7

if you have the money then the only name to know is ORION, ORION, ORION, ORION!!!!! NOTHING comes close to the power of an HCCA amp and the bottom you get from the XTR subs......

o0 Tranceport 0oFeb-10-02 05:56 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2001
14 posts,
#1198, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 8

dudasd, i agree Orion Amps are incredible, but VERY expensive. ANd i have to agree with ALL4thaNookie on the Subs, JL is the onyl way to go in Subs they last FOREVER and sound incredible.

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

Makin' It Fast & Stable:
Sportline Springs
Hotshots 4:1 Header
GReddy Cat-Back Exhaust
AEM Cold Air Intake
Tenzo R Front Upper, Rear Upper and Lower Strut Bars
Toyo T1-S 245/45 Tires on 17" Concept Neeper Synchro Wheels

CVedEclipseFeb-10-02 08:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#1199, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 9

hehe.. im kinda impartial to Cerwin Vega strokers.. they are fucking awesome, power handling is much higher than factory rated.. and for amps, i love my MMATS amp.. they are small, run very cool, have a good capacitor inside and have MAD power! but if you dont have a means of getting these brand names at a good cost, they are expensive

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

dudasdFeb-11-02 12:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#1200, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 10

I agree JL makes some of the most awesome subs out there, but I too am quite partial to my Orions...the only thing I think I would switch to if I had to would be one of those new Memphis subs, just dunno how much reinforcing of the rear suspension one would have to do to plant a pair of those Goliaths in there. A friend of mine hooked one up in the shop and laid a full 2000 watts to it and that thing pounded so hard it hurt to stand in the bay with it!!!!!!! Couldn't imagine what it would do in the car, thinking lexan windows for sure and pray you don't blow that out too.......

dudasdFeb-11-02 12:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#1201, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 10

I forgot...you can still go Orion and go cheap with the amps, you can hook up enough JL W-6's to drop an HCCA 225R down enough to get a solid amount of power out of it and not break the bank, think they are only like 600 bucks last time I checked.....not bad to get a 25 watt amp that will put out a healthy 600+ when bridged down....

EsiTalon96Feb-12-02 02:37 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2002
89 posts,
#1202, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 0

Rockford, Alpine, and Kicker all make good subs and amps... Right now i have an Alpine V-12 1000 watt amp pushing 3 10inch kicker comp-vr's and lets just say it can rattle the windows of all the cars around me.

dzaVengeFeb-13-02 01:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
76 posts,
#1203, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 13

i'd say, get the a pair of the 2001 series Rockford Fosgate DVC's (Hx2's would be my pick) And a year 2000 series amp from them. punch500a2 is what i have. I think those 2001 for the subs and 2000 for the amp are the best combo.... check ebay.

------------------------------
-Dan

my eclipse looks funny

TeamXtremeRSFeb-13-02 01:52 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#1204, "RE: Whats a good namebrand that makes subs and amps?"
In response to Reply # 0

stay away from the cheap stuff, and stick to the name brands mentioned above in other posts. In my own personal opinion, and from experience of using almost all of the name brand subs, I LOVE my Eclipse aluminum cone subs. They are the best subs i have every owned!! HANDS DOWN!! They are pretty expensive, but I will never have to buy another sub again. The cone is aluminum, which disapates heat made by the voice coil very efficiently, and that means you can pound the hell outa em! The sound quality is excellent, and the craftsmanship is outstanding. I have put over 2000 clean, class D mono amp power to this sub, and it keeps poundin! If you have the money, go with the Eclipse line. As for amps, if you want power for your subs, go with a good class D mono amp for the best bang for the buck. Most popular companies make them. I personally don't care for JL audio products, mostly from bad experiences with them. Brittle foam surrounds, and the paper where the mounting holes are, seems to separate over time. I do believe the new subs are better built though...

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1189 Previous topic | Next topic