Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1062
View in linear mode

Subject: "Size of speakers in 1996 Eclipse RS..." Previous topic | Next topic
eclipsers88Dec-28-01 03:51 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2001
61 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1062, "Size of speakers in 1996 Eclipse RS..."

I am sure this has been asked before, but what size speakers are in my car? I need the sizes for front and back and whatever else there may be. I don't have Infinity sound system...atleast I don't think I do, I have a CD Changer, but I don't know if that is connected with the Infinity package or not.

Thanks
Jon

1996 Eclipse RS

No upgrades yet

1996 Eclipse RS

-Mods-
Altezza tail lights
Apex'I N1 Cat-back Exhaust
Mitsubishi seatbelt pads
Momo Aluminum Sport shift knob
Symborski shift kit
AEM Cold Air Intake
Accel 300+Thundersport Plug Wires

-Stereo-
Clarion Deck
Infinity 6.5" fron

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSDec-28-01 12:01 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1063, "RE: Size of speakers in 1996 Eclipse RS..."
In response to Reply # 0

I have heard so many diff sizes for our cars, but i do believe the RS non-infinity system-- front doors-5 1/4, and rears are 5 1/4 or 6 1/2.
Some say you can fit the 6 1/2's in the doors, but i havent even had the time to get my door panel off and do my own upgrading yet. The rear speaker pods can also be cut out to fit 6x9's, or just get the factory 6x9 pods from a infinity system equiped car at a junk yard. My 98 RS also has the dash mount mids/tweeters, but not sure if earlier year RS's do or not, but they are like 2" or 2 1/2".

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CVedEclipseDec-28-01 10:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#1064, "RE: Size of speakers in 1996 Eclipse RS..."
In response to Reply # 1

mine stock had no tweeters (i think, bought it used), 5 1/4s in the doors, and 6 1/2s in the back. and yup, 6 1/2s will fit in the front, couple of ppl have done it in here.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

1TuffRSDec-29-01 04:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#1065, "RE: Size of speakers in 1996 Eclipse RS..."
In response to Reply # 2

I put 6.5's in the front of mine, I just used a bracket I got from Crutchfield.com and you can put 6x9's in the rear even though it only comes with 6.5 back there stock. You can either use a dremel tool and enlarge the opening or you can buy speaker pods from infinity equipped eclipses from a junkyard. I bought mine from msrecycling.com, I paid a grip for mine but thats because they had the speakers in them as well (didnt know that when I paid for them), so if you order from them make sure you tell them you just want the pods

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #1062 Previous topic | Next topic