Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11662
View in linear mode

Subject: "Viper 791 XV" Previous topic | Next topic
97 Eclpise RSNov-08-05 12:29 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
48 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11662, "Viper 791 XV"

I just bought my ride and it has the viper alarm 791XV installed. I found the box in the trunk and it has some extra parts in it. A on/off switch and some wires. Does anyone have this alarm? I need the instuction booklet to find out how to get the autostart option to work or if it was left out of the install. I want to find out what all the icons mean on the remote as well as to what the buttons do to. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Viper 791 XV, SPL_Eclipse, Nov-08-05 07:10 PM, #1
RE: Viper 791 XV, 97 Eclpise RS, Nov-09-05 07:06 AM, #2
      RE: Viper 791 XV, 97 Eclpise RS, Nov-09-05 09:19 AM, #3
           RE: Viper 791 XV, CJ_96RS, Nov-09-05 02:29 PM, #4
                RE: Viper 791 XV, SPL_Eclipse, Nov-09-05 06:16 PM, #5
                     RE: Viper 791 XV, 97 Eclpise RS, Nov-10-05 08:26 AM, #6
                          RE: Viper 791 XV, coppereclipse95, Nov-11-05 06:35 AM, #7
                               RE: Viper 791 XV, 97 Eclpise RS, Nov-11-05 12:49 PM, #8
                                    RE: Viper 791 XV, J, Nov-11-05 02:39 PM, #9
                                         RE: Viper 791 XV, 97 Eclpise RS, Nov-12-05 07:59 AM, #10
                                              RE: Viper 791 XV, oMInOUs97RS, Nov-22-05 03:59 AM, #11

SPL_EclipseNov-08-05 07:10 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11663, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 0

go to www.directed.com and send them an email w/ your request. they should email you a .pdf of the manual within a day (or at least they did with mine). GREAT company.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97 Eclpise RSNov-09-05 07:06 AM
48 posts,
#11664, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks yo. I really would like to figure out how to enable the autostart option since my alarm does come with it. And find out what the extra parts are for. I hope it is a kill switch and autostart that would be bad ass. Thanks for the info.

97 Eclpise RSNov-09-05 09:19 AM
48 posts,
#11665, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 2

ok well I got the owners manual to the alarm system. Got all the information I needed but it says it isn't suppost to be on a manual tranmission vehicle. Why is that? Is that because if it is left in gear it will stall? I always leave my car in neutral anyway. Anyone know if the autostart option can be activated on a manual transmission?

CJ_96RSNov-09-05 02:29 PM
Member since May 08th 2004
33 posts,
#11669, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 3

I am in the process of installing the 791xv on my car. DEI does not recommend that you install the remote start with your manual transmission, but that doesn't mean you can't do it. You just have to get creative. For example, to make sure the car can't start when it is in gear, you can stretch two small steel springs across your shift gate above and below the gear shift so that when the it is in neutral, it is touching both springs, and when it is in gear, it pushes one spring up and loses contact with the other. If you hook the remote start activation wire from the brain to one spring and the wire to the remote starter relay to the other spring, the car will only remote start in neutral. You also have to disconnect the system that checks if the clutch is engaged, I haven't looked up how to do it yet, but I'm sure it's on this site somewhere. Obviously, you want to get in the habit of leaving your car in neutral when you park it. Good luck.

SPL_EclipseNov-09-05 06:16 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#11670, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 4

as mentioned above, there are ways of getting around the manual trans problem. unfortuantly, i dont believe any of them are safe, so i will refrain from getting into it, but theres a plethora of info if you search.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

97 Eclpise RSNov-10-05 08:26 AM
48 posts,
#11672, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 5

cool good info. Well I will have it installed since I always park in neutral and wouldn't have a problem with that. Is there any other problem besides the autostart in gear problem?

coppereclipse95Nov-11-05 06:35 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#11675, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 6

I just unplugged the connectors behind the cluth pedal. I always park in neutral and never had any problem.

1995 Eclipse RS

97 Eclpise RSNov-11-05 12:49 PM
48 posts,
#11676, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 7

sounds great. Thanks very good to know.

JNov-11-05 02:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#11677, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 8

Ditto, the remote start is N-I-C-E-! Better than any turbo timer

- J

- J

97 Eclpise RSNov-12-05 07:59 AM
48 posts,
#11678, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 9

yea it does have the turbo timer feature as well so it could save you money as well as just hava a whole bunch of extra features that will make your car like luxury.

oMInOUs97RSNov-22-05 03:59 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#11698, "RE: Viper 791 XV"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
as mentioned above, there are ways of getting around the manual trans problem. unfortuantly, i dont believe any of them are safe, so i will refrain from getting into it, but theres a plethora of info if you search.

I use a magnetic switch that only allows the car to start in neutral with the parking brake up. If the switch fails, the car will not remote start, even if the parking brake is up.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11662 Previous topic | Next topic