Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10556
View in linear mode

Subject: "What to do, what to do???" Previous topic | Next topic
LeakyMitsuFeb-20-05 08:23 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10556, "What to do, what to do???"

Heres what i have so far...Sony 900/1600watt amp, 2 guage rockford power wire and 2 1 farad rockford capacitors. Right now i have 2 alpine type r 12's that ive been extremely happy with and a custom box but im ready for a change. id like to have something comparable to the type Rs. any ideas? i also thought about going with just one Alpine Type X 12 so that i would have some trunk room, has anyone used the spare tire well as space to build the box in? can that brace be cut out of there without any problems? thanks!!!!!
Brandon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What to do, what to do???, RSClipse9d7, Feb-21-05 04:05 AM, #1
RE: What to do, what to do???, rgirard413, Feb-21-05 04:36 AM, #2
      RE: What to do, what to do???, RSClipse9d7, Feb-21-05 06:06 AM, #3
           RE: What to do, what to do???, DJ420a, Feb-21-05 12:12 PM, #4
                RE: What to do, what to do???, LeakyMitsu, Feb-23-05 04:29 PM, #5
                     RE: What to do, what to do???, RSClipse9d7, Feb-23-05 05:31 PM, #6
                          RE: What to do, what to do???, a_miller_76, Feb-24-05 12:36 AM, #7
                               RE: What to do, what to do???, rgirard413, Feb-24-05 02:48 AM, #8
                                    RE: What to do, what to do???, ShadowWulf, Feb-24-05 02:51 PM, #9
                                         RE: What to do, what to do???, a_miller_76, Feb-24-05 04:08 PM, #10

RSClipse9d7Feb-21-05 04:05 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10557, "RE: What to do, what to do???"
In response to Reply # 0

A ton of people have used the spare tire well as the bottom of a box before. As far as I know they just cut the bracket out and then sanded it down so it was smooth. I was going to do that when I built my box but I didn't want to lose my spare. Good luck with the project.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rgirard413Feb-21-05 04:36 AM
Member since Jun 27th 2002
425 posts,
#10558, "RE: What to do, what to do???"
In response to Reply # 1

i did exactly what RSClipse9d7 said. heres a picture:

98 Eclipse GSX
www.ridonkulous.com

RSClipse9d7Feb-21-05 06:06 AM
915 posts,
#10562, "RE: What to do, what to do???"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh, and to answer your sub question, I would go with a single 12" sub with plenty of good clean power to it. I am not familar with the Alpine X series but my personal favorites are Eclipse and JL, or if you want something that is just plain loud go with a Kicker L7.

DJ420aFeb-21-05 12:12 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
#10571, "RE: What to do, what to do???"
In response to Reply # 3

Heres my old setup. MrSlick has it now, lol.

LeakyMitsuFeb-23-05 04:29 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
#10609, "RE: What to do, what to do???"
In response to Reply # 4

what in the hell would i use to cut it out?thanks a lot for the help!

RSClipse9d7Feb-23-05 05:31 PM
915 posts,
#10610, "RE: What to do, what to do???"
In response to Reply # 5

Tin snips? Hack saw? Hammer and robo grips to just nail it/bend it to break? I'm not sure. But I know I would use a file to sand it smooth once I got it cut down enough.

a_miller_76Feb-24-05 12:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10611, "RE: What to do, what to do???"
In response to Reply # 6

Air chisel. Just chisel out the welds and the whole thing pops out.

rgirard413Feb-24-05 02:48 AM
Member since Jun 27th 2002
425 posts,
#10612, "RE: What to do, what to do???"
In response to Reply # 7

i used a diegrinder

98 Eclipse GSX
www.ridonkulous.com

ShadowWulfFeb-24-05 02:51 PM
Member since Jan 24th 2005
95 posts,
#10614, "RE: What to do, what to do???"
In response to Reply # 8

Is that the entire box? As in is the airspace just the spare tire hole? How does that sound, and anybody have any pictures of the backside? Also, if this is the case, how is it sealed then? Im looking to drop in my 10" titanium eclipse sub, and im thinking of going this route.

a_miller_76Feb-24-05 04:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#10615, "RE: What to do, what to do???"
In response to Reply # 9

Use the search and search for "spare tire sub" there's about a billion threads about this already.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #10556 Previous topic | Next topic