Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #336
View in linear mode

Subject: "General Introduction" Previous topic | Next topic
stillettoDSMApr-14-08 05:17 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2008
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#336, "General Introduction"

I've been on the Forum for a couple of months now (under a different name, I lost the Password and figured screw it) and pretty much everything I've learned has been through you guys. Thanks ahead of time for everything else I'll be learning. I bought a 1998 GS last year, and only focused on Maintenence I guess. The Body has 170k on it, I had the Automatic Transmission Re-Built and it has about 1k on it as of now. After the Trans, I had the Engine Swapped out with a "Newer" 420a that has approx. 21k on it (Supposedly came out of a wrecked GS). The Car drives perfect now, haven't really had any problems besides Squeaky Belts (That I learned how to Tighten on here) and that stupid SRS Light that likes to stay on. I had a Magnaflow Cat-Back Installed after I bought the Car, turns out they must have bent the Pipe wrong, because at one of the Curves it was resting against the Frame. I rigged that with a 4" Hose Clamp, hasn't rattled since. So here are my plans and what I've done so far, it would be great if I could get as much Feedback as possible.
I've Re-Built the Trans. Swapped out the 420a. Installed a Magnaflow Cat-Back. Removed the Rear Spoiler, Power Antenna, and Rear Wiper Assembly. I plan on having the Holes Welded this coming week. I've Bondoed the few dents I had, besided one I'm going to have to have a Body Shop take care of (a Large Dent on the Passenger Door). I've Primed the entire Car myself (which came out pretty good if you ask me). I got new 18" Motegi FF7 Wheels with some Kumho Tires. I plan on Painting the Calipers and Installing some Solid Brembo Rotors (my Front Right Rotor is Warped for sure, and I've heard that Neither Slotted nor Drilled Rotors will do much for Performance) and some Green Stuff Pads. Hopefully do a Tune-Up within the next week, NGK Spark Plugs, Magnecore Wires, Mobil 1 Oil and Filter, and New Trans. Fluid. I also have some Black Housed Halo/Projectors. I also plan on getting an Apexi N1 Muffler. I hope to Re-Paint the Car the same Silver, get a Stage II Hahn Kit, and eventually when I learn enough get a Master Kit from Howell. So that's pretty much the "Over-All" of my Car and some goals. I go to School to become an Electrician, but they also offer Automotive and I bought the course book so I can learn Auto in my spare time. Thanks everyone.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

General Introduction [View all] , stillettoDSM, Apr-14-08 05:17 AM
  RE: General Introduction, goalie40, Apr-14-08 09:33 AM, #1
RE: General Introduction, jarretpcurry, Apr-14-08 01:16 PM, #2
      RE: General Introduction, goalie40, Apr-14-08 02:49 PM, #3
           RE: General Introduction, stillettoDSM, Apr-14-08 03:04 PM, #4
                RE: General Introduction, Hedge, Apr-14-08 04:53 PM, #5

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #336 Previous topic | Next topic