Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #280
View in linear mode

Subject: "New to this forum, and to the 420A." Previous topic | Next topic
GigabyteMar-12-08 08:02 AM
Member since Mar 12th 2008
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#280, "New to this forum, and to the 420A."

Hello, thought I would make my first post my introduction post. I guess I can tell a little bit about myself. I'm 22 and live in Springfield, MO so if there are any Mitsu owners on the board in the area maybe we can get together and chew the fat. Like the subject says I'm new to the Eclipse but I'm not new to cars. I have modified two cars of mine in the past. My first car I actually modified was a 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 with the 2.4l TWINCAM LD9. I loved that car more than any, and it had an impressive list of motor modifications to it. But somebody decided to use her to come to a dead stop from 40mph in their Lincoln, so RIP Cavalier. My last car before my Eclipse was a 1987 Toyota MR2 witht eh 1.6l DOHC 16 valve 4AGE. It was a very fun car but not enough aftermarket to keep my attention. So I traded it off for my current car, my 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, with the 4spd automatic. I feel I got a pretty good deal on the car, but she does have her fair share of issues. The last owner riced her out and I'm left cleaning it up and getting everything running right again. It is a slow learning process for me because I know nothing about these cars, but that is half the fun learning as you go along. I'm not trying to make a land speed setting car, but I do want to have fun. So at the moment my plans are to keep her simple. The only mod I have done to it is an Ebay CAI and it is blue with the steel mesh filter. I don't know if I care for the filter yet but I'm trying it out to see how well it filters. I'll still probably end up buying another K&N Cone filter after a while. Future plan consist of header, exhaust, and restoring the suspension and dropping it around 1" to 1.5" at the most. I'm also thinking about doing the "Final Drive Mod" I beleive is what it is called where you replace two gears with the gears from a 99 Dodge Stratus, and also possibly the translab shift kit if I'm feeling froggy enough to tackle that on my own. And I'm also needing to fix my moonroof I think it is off track because the driver side rear corner does not go down all the way, and the moonroof does not open all the way either. So I will need to learn about how to do that.

A bit more about myself then I'll stop ranting, for a living I'm a Network Administrator for a diesel company called Jenkins Diesel Power here in Springfield, MO. And in my spare time if I'm not hanging out with my fiancee or friends, I'm playing World of Warcraft or messing with my car if the weather permits. I'm a pretty simple guy and I think I'm easy to get along with. If you want to know something else about me then all you have to do is ask. Take care!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

New to this forum, and to the 420A. [View all] , Gigabyte, Mar-12-08 08:02 AM
  RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-12-08 08:05 AM, #1
RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., BoostedEclipse, Mar-12-08 10:02 AM, #2
RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Gigabyte, Mar-12-08 12:13 PM, #3
RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., TeamDR1665, Mar-12-08 12:42 PM, #4
      RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Moderatorcs82685, Mar-12-08 12:50 PM, #5
      RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Gigabyte, Mar-12-08 02:49 PM, #7
           RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Moderatorcs82685, Mar-12-08 03:13 PM, #8
                RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Gigabyte, Mar-12-08 04:35 PM, #9
                     RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Fallen4ng31, Mar-13-08 04:40 AM, #10
                          RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Gigabyte, Mar-13-08 07:31 AM, #11
      RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Gigabyte, Mar-12-08 02:46 PM, #6

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #280 Previous topic | Next topic